2

Jennie Kim

This is the day that we been waiting for the Militaries from Soviet arrived. There a thousands of soldiers here. Which is fascinating. The Military camps are doing some extension because the cannot handle these soldiers so basically they will create camp for them.

Every day a lot of soldiers are doing their jobs. They been doing their training nonstop. Some of them are also going to the battlefield.

"Dr. Kim, we have to inform you that we have to orient the combat medics from the other countries. As you can see, thousands of soldiers are here and we need back ups. The US head sent us medics also. Especially those who are in the battlefield." The head doctor said.

The battlefield medics are the bravest. They are those people who go in war together with the soldier. I heard they are also expert in handling guns to protect them from the battle. They are the one who save the wounded soldiers in the middle of the battle.

I was assigned to the other camp to help those medics. This is it. I am the doctor here. I need to be strong and orient them well. I will do everything to help the soldiers.

Handling a hundred fifty medics are quite stressful. It isn't easy. In every 500 soldiers there are 30 medics to be frontliners. I have to support them the best that I can.

The medics already gathered in wide field. I checked them one by one. To see if they are capable. Because i'll be the one that will assigned on which Military group they will go. I will do my best to protect them.

I noticed that in this group. There is one woman in the battlefield. "Is she really from the battlefield? Or she's loss?" I asked one of my assistant. She's checking her notes. "She's Pranpriya Manoban, 29, Thailand. She's been in the battlefield for 7 years." I just nodded. Seven years? That's long. I look at her she's seems mysterious. It's like she's serious in her life. "She's a beautiful woman." My assistant said. She really is, and a brave one too. I don't know what is happening to me but I feel like I am drawn to her. I didn't noticed that she's starring back at me. I just try to look everywhere and pretend that it's just accidental stare.

Jennie Kim what are you doing?

"You seems in a deep thought Jennie." My sister disturbed me from my wondering mind.

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"I said you seems in a deep thought. I have been talking to you for like five minutes straight but I get no response!" She exaggerated said.

"Oh I'm sorry Unnie. It's just from my work." I said.

"Why?"

"They allowed one woman in the battlefield she's technically the only woman there." I explained.

"Wow impressive, I always dream to be a soldier." She said.

"Well she's not soldiers she's a battlefield medic." I said.

"Then she's a soldier too, because she's in a war field." She insist. Okay lawyer.

"Is that possible?" I asked.

"Possible of what? That they allowed her in the battlefield? Instead of being in the barracks to assist and heal the wounded? I think it's possible. She must be expert in that field that's why they allowed her and chose her."

"Your right." I said. She has point. They wouldn't allow a person if they are not capable enough.

She must be used to it that she's no longer afraid of death. Some people said that being soldier is like you're marching to your own death. It's either you survive or return dead.

It's been a a weeks now it's the time for despatch the medics.

"Good morning everyone! I would like to say that in a few weeks of your training. I see that you are all capable in war zoned. I wish you all the best and I hope that all of you will comeback safe and sound. The medical that will stay in this camp to assist you all will do the best as we can to protect each and every soldier that is endanger. May God be with you in the midst of the war." I stated.

And then there's that woman again. She's with her unbothered face. I never really have a chance to speak with her. I don't know why I have this urge to talk to her but I just couldn't. Return safe soldier Manoban.

And I hope everyone will be safe. And this war will end soon.

War and Liberationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें