5

Jennie Kim

It's been a two weeks already, and slowly Sergeant Manoban is healing. She and I also are getting close together not really that close but she's talking to me even just a little conversation.

I decided to come here often because the wounded soldiers are increasing, so I don't have enough time to go home. This quarter is literally becoming my home. And I'm not complaining either. Since my family sometimes, pay a visit to see me.

I was walking outside when I saw her. She's just sitting and looking at the garden. She seems so peaceful. I wanna talk to her but I might interrupt her little world. So I just secretly look at her. I don't know what is this strange feeling in me. I was about to go on when her eyes meet mine. I felt shy all of a sudden but she just called me. "DR.KIM!!" she waved. There's that smile again. Before I comeback to my senses is she's now standing in front of me holding the thing that support her from walking.

"Sergeant Manoban, it was nice to see you." I spoke.

"Same to you doctor, I forgot to say thank you to you. You've been a good doctor to and I owe that." She said.

"It's my duty Sergeant." I smiled politely. It is new to me that she's the one who first talk to me, I didn't expect it. Before it was me who keep on bugging her but now she's the one who insisted it.

"Well thank you, you see doctor. I'm all good now." She's trying to pretend that she can stand without the supporter. Oh boy, I kinda know where's this heading.

"Yes, I can see that Sergeant. So what are you trying say?" I asked. I'm furious, I don't know why. I just keep my face calmed.

"Uhhhmm, Doctor..." She's scratching her head as if she's shy or afraid of what she's about to speak. "Doctor Kim.. Can I go back to the duty?" She asked. That's it! I rolled my eyes. This woman. Why you gotta be so stubborn?!

"No." I said.

"But..." I didn't let her finish.

"I said No!" I turned around and start to walk. But she's still bugging me off.

"But, I'm all good now see? I can move freely... Ouch!!" She said out loud.

I turned my head then I saw her shoulder starts to bleed. Aish This idiot. I hurriedly run to her.

"You're so stubborn Manoban." I help her and guide her to her room. I checked her stitches on her shoulder. And put a bandage to it.

See? She's looking at me like a child who's guilty because she's done something terrible. You're adorable but I'm not gonna swoon by that looks. I still remain silent as I treat her wound and I didn't even bother to look her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry Dr.Kim." she said looking like a lost puppy. I didn't response. "It's just, I'm really bored here. I don't have anything to do. I just want to help those soldiers." She explained. Still looking at me with her sorry eyes.

"Sergeant, you see you're not still heal. You're stitches isn't heal yet. See what happened?" I said.

"But I'll be careful I promise." She's about to move her arm. When I look her with don't you dare look.

"Ayyy what am I gonna do here in four walls." She keeps on whining "Just look at the window all day? Oh I might start to be friends with ants." She said. This woman and her sarcasm.

"Why are you so stubborn?!" There. I lost all the patience that I have.

"I ahhh.. it's just.. I don't have anything else to here. I feel like I'm helpless." She said with her sad voice. I look into her eyes and I can see her sincerity.

"It is your first time being in this situation?" I asked.

"What being shot? Yes. This is the first." She said.

"So you want another gunshot?" I asked her again.

"No, but I.. Ugh! nevermind I'm not gonna win anyways. Who am I? You're incharge with me." She said.

"Sergeant, It's not that I don't want you to do your duty again. Your help is my top priority. How can you help them if you're still injured?"

"But I'm alone, I'm no use." She commented. If it's legal to smack someone in the head. I'll do it.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You." She said.

"WHAT?!" Am blushing?

"I mean you... Help me doctor." She said.

"I will figure it out tomorrow. I'll give things to do, to distract yourself from boredoms."

"Realllyyy??" She smiled widely

"Yes." I said.

I went out and head to my office to get some rest but I saw Jisoo Unnie is waiting outside.

"UNNIEEE!!!" I greeted her with enthusiasm.

"Yaaah Jennie, how are you? Our house is so alone without you there." She said.

"You're just telling that because you don't like washing dishes." I rolled my eyes and she just laughed.

"How are you?" She asked

"Well I'm doing good. It's just I'm stress with this one patient."

"Wow, who is that person that get into your head?"

"Sergeant Manoban, she's so hard headed." I said.

"Ohh that tough lady. Tell me about it.

I told her what happened earlier and she's just laughing at me.

"She's so silly."

"She is, so in order for me to shut her up. I said I'll help her so she'll get distracted while she's in recovery." I said.

"And what that would be?" Unnie asked.

"Actually I haven't think of anything yet."

"What if let her plant flowers. You like growing flowers right?"

"Brilliant idea Unnie!!" I smiled.

"I will ask someone to get me a flower pot and seeds tomorrow." I excitement rush over my body.

I hope Sergeant Manoban will love this idea. Growing plant isn't that bad. It's refreshing and help you to light up your mood.