13 - it's okay, peter

ummm I'm gone for like a week and you guys somehow manage to accumulate 11,300 more reads? 😂💕

also I swear I'll update more often, sorry! college stuff!

______

"So, the Avengers, huh?"

Nat and Clint share a panicked look before 3 more soldiers dressed in black barge into the bedroom. The two immediately start battling their way back to the door, but I feel too scared to move.

I'm in some random bed.

With the Avengers.

Who now know I'm Spider-Man.

Fuck.

One of the agents gets past them and grabs me by my shoulders, yanking me out of the bed and onto the floor. My ankle smacks against the carpet and I hear another deafening snap. Ignoring the pulsing pain now reigniting in my leg, I kick the agent in the chest with my good foot and he goes flying back into the wall, unconscious.

Clint and Nat have fought their way out the door already, and I can only wonder where we're even at. I bandage my ankle in a few webs to keep it stable and pull myself up to my feet so I can limp out of the room.

Silence.

No shouting, no fighting, no running.

Just silence.

It sends chills up my spine. Where's Nat?

After flipping an imaginary coin in my head, I decide going right was as good a choice as left. I come across a living room where tons and tons of black soldiers are lined up against the back wall, heads held high in obedience. Each of the Avengers are kneeling in the middle of the room with their hands held at their sides in defeat.

Frickfrickfrickfrickfrick. If they got the Avengers, there's no doubt they'd take me down. I guess I have to go for stealth on this one.

Some random, evil German man is facing away from the soldiers and looking down at the Avengers, monologuing while simultaneously telling them all of his plans. What's up with villains and them feeling the unquenchable need to spill all their plans? Do they not expect the heroes to use it against them? I guess that's why the bad guys always lose, though, so I'm not complaining.

I crawl up the wall discreetly and sneak onto the ceiling. Thank goodness Mr. Stark likes tall ceilings in his tower! I go just above where all the soldiers are lined up behind the main dude and shoot a web down to yank one up. I gag him with a web, then string him up to the roof. Going down the line, I proceed to do that to the other 20 soldiers until all that's left standing is the main guy. His back is to his soldiers, so I don't think he has any idea what's been happening.

I can tell all the Avengers know I'm here, but if they were to look up at me, they'd blow my cover. A wave of dizziness comes over me and I realize I haven't eaten yet. When was the last time I ate? How long have I been asleep for?

"Hydra will never die." His thick, sharp accent pangs in the room. "You think you can simply defeat the strongest organization—"

I zip a web down and encase his entire face in my spiderwebs, leaving his nose open so he can breathe at least. The guy immediately starts panicking, so I shoot another web to tie him up. He collapses onto the carpet, squirming like a snail in salt.

The dizziness returns and I feel my fingers lose their natural stickiness. Before I know it, I'm falling out of the air, right into the arms of the Winter Soldier. "Peter?" He calls. My head lulls back as I struggle to gain enough energy to reply. "Peter, focus on me." He urges, laying me down on the couch.