16 - nowhere to go

hey! 👀 sorry, it's been a PHAT minute since I've updated! but surprise! guess who graduated high school! 😎

ALSO 69K and #1 in #blackwidow?! AHHHAAH WOAH thANKs gUYs

__Peter's POV__

Waking up felt like absolute garbage the next morning. I'd barely slept at all and my eyeballs felt like balls of sand. Worst part was—I forgot we had school. So when I woke up the next morning and realized it was Monday, I flew straight into a panic. Running around Ned's room, throwing on yesterday's clothes and trying to fix my hair in the mirror.

"Ned!" I shriek, flying around his room haphazardly. "Ned, where are my shoes?" After a moment of no reply—"Ned?" I question. I look over at the bottom bunk to find it empty, only a sticky note left on Ned's pillow:

Hey, figured you'd need some sleep after everything last night. Extra stuff in the bathroom to get ready with if you feel like coming to school at all. No pressure, my dood. See you later! -Ned

A small smile pulls at the edges of my lips. It quickly reverts to a gasp as I realize I'm currently missing school. I've missed so much already, and May's gonna be—

My breath hitches in my throat as my mind crosses over May. Memories from last night come flooding back, and I can feel a few tears start to pool in my eyes. Before they even have the chance to become something real, I blink them away and walk to the bathroom.

I find an extra packaged toothbrush on the counter and Ned's toothpaste lying beside it. I give a small smile before brushing my teeth and showering. Thank god Ned also had some extra clothes of mine I'd left behind. Funny how that happens—you have enough sleepovers with someone and it's like half your stuff lives at their house.

My eyes land on my backpack. Shivers run down my spine as I think about the variety of notifications waiting for me on the device. Maybe I'll deal with them later.

Slinging my backpack on, I make my way for Ned's bedroom door. However, just before I turn the handle, I find myself staring at one more sticky note waiting for me on the doorframe.

Mom set out a few sandwiches, I know you're probably hungry

Pulling the sticky note off the trim, I pull open the door and walk quietly out to the kitchen. Ned's mom is definitely at work by now, but I still feel like I'm intruding by being here. Smiling softly, I snag the 3 sandwiches off the counter and head for the front door. Of course, one last sticky note:

See you in class :)

A good laugh, then I lock his door and head for school.

__jerry™️ is back to skip the time 😎__

Passing Flash in the hall was as embarrassing as always; a few harsh words, but nothing Spider-Man can't handle! I made it to class just in time for the bell for 5th period (mine and Ned's Biochemistry lesson). Class felt like it dragged on for an eternity, and my lack of sleep really wasn't helping. I was definitely wishing I'd eaten all 3 of those sandwiches by this point.

I couldn't decide whether or not to show up at the internship today. Sure, I'd probably see the Avengers there but the internship was purely work related. Strictly professional.

Right?

I mean—it's my job to show up and help Mr. Stark! But on a more personal level, I don't really want to see any of them right now. Who says I have to see any of them, anyways? I'll just show up and do my work. That's it. That's all. Nothing but that. I can keep things professional, right? Pfft, I'm Peter Parker! King of keeping things professional. I got this.