19 - m i n e c r a f t

Sorry for the week late update guys, I had writers block and wATTPAD KEPT NOT SAVING ALL MY EDITS SO I'VE HAD TO EDIT THIS CHAPTER SO MANY TIMS

ALSO WE PASSSED 100k! HOLY MOLY!

__Peter's POV__

I step out of the car, looking up at the tower in awe. Nat and Clint stand behind me as I stare.

Realization dawns on me. "You mean..." I trail off, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. "Did you...?" I flip around to look at the two.

Nat looks down from the tower, facing me with a smile on her face. If I didn't know any better, I'd say I saw a tear in her eye. "I did."

Without hesitation, I grab onto Nat and hug her tightly, tears rushing down my cheeks. "Does this mean—?"

"It does." She interrupts me, a hand held firmly to the back of my head. I can feel her fingers grasp my hair gently. With my head shoved into the crook of her neck, I feel one more pair of arms wrap around Nat and I. My smile widens even more somehow when I realize that it's Clint.

I wipe my cheek off on my sleeve, pulling away. Laughing a bit, we walk into the tower. "What did you say to May back at my apartment?"

"Oh, you know, the usual: A few death threats here, a couple of knives there." Nat waves me off as she leads us into the elevator.

Clint rolls his eyes dramatically and stands to my left, arms crossed. I just stand there between them, staring at the closed elevator in awe and wonder. Is this for real? Am I dreaming?

Did they really just...?

I think they did.

We ride the elevator up in silence. I think we're all still processing. The elevator doors open and I'm overwhelmed with noise.

"PETER!"

"WelcoME TO THE FAMILY—"

"YOU ARE OURS NOW!"

"TakE iT dOwN a NoTCh, bUcky—"

"N E V E R."

"Guys!" I laugh, throwing my hands up. "Guys, chill out." They all go quiet, watching me in anticipation. They're wondering if I'm still mad at them...

Steve takes a step forward, "We're sorry, Peter." He sighs. "We didn't mean to invade your privacy."

I smile softly at him, playing with my fingers. "It's okay. I forgive you guys."

There's a small pause of relief before I feel someone engulf me in a hug again. I don't even know whose is first, but next thing I know, there are 7 pairs of arms wrapped tightly around me. Everyone pulls away after a minute of laughing.

I check the time on my phone, remembering that I have plans with MJ and Ned tonight. "Hey, I got to go." I sigh as I look at the team. Wow. I live with the Avengers now. Zero to one hundred, am I right?

Immediately, all the Avengers look confused. "But you just got here?" Bucky bunches his eyebrows at me curiously.

"Yeah, I promised some friends that I'd go over for dinner. Plus, I'm staying with a friend and I wouldn't want him to worry." I smile at him and shove my phone back in my pocket.

"What friend?" Nat squints at me suspiciously.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "Uhhh, Ned?"

Realization dawns on her, "Ah, yes. You thought I was Ned."