24 - loki

trIPLE UPDATE? WOWZERS

i posted the first three chapters of my solangelo fic! go check that out!! <3

__Loki__

I stand there, my hands bloodied. The child had just fallen asleep, or passed out—either way, he was finally getting his much deserved rest.

Natasha stiffens as soon as she knows Peter is out. "Where did you take him?" Her voice is cold, rigid with her naturally protective nature.

"What ever do you mean?" I smirk, amused at Natasha's overprotectiveness.

She shoots me a glare. "You know what I mean."

"Alright, alright." I give in, finally tossing the gauze away and moving to wash my hands in Peter's bathroom. "I might've accidentally spilled my drink on the boy. He ended up having a—what did he call
it?—sensory overload."

"Don't you dare tell me you had-"

I immediately know she's talking about the alcohol. "Well, if Stark wasn't going to supply it, then-"

"There was a reason!" She whisper-shrieks at me as she stands from Peter's bed.

"No one bothered to tell me!" I hiss in return. "I hadn't the slightest! How was I supposed to know?!"

"Just trust that there was a reason!"

I scoff, "Trust? Why would I ever trust you lot when you don't even trust me?" Anger singes the ends of my words.

"Why should we ever, in a million years, trust you?!" Natasha shouts at him. Judging by the way Peter is still asleep, I think we can confirm he passed out. Most likely due to both the pain and blood loss. Not to mention the sensory overload. Poor child.

Oh, yeah—I was talking to Natasha. "You know what, you're right." I raise my palms in surrender. "You shouldn't trust me."

Natasha almost seems taken aback by my response. "And I won't." She seethes, "You hurt Clint and I won't let you hurt Peter."

"Oh, that was forever ago, don't get your panties in a twist." I wave her off as I pass her to leave the bathroom. She shoulders me against the wall and holds a knife up to my throat. Where she got the knife—I haven't a clue.

"You won't hurt that kid." She points the handle of her knife at Peter, careful not to point the blade at him instead.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I reassure her with the most genuine look I can muster. Her eyes scan my face for a second time before she shoves me against the wall again and takes a step back. She re-sheaths the knife in the waistband of her combat-suit.

"Peter needs rest. Leave." She grabs my elbow and yanks me towards the door.

"Touchy, much?" I snicker as she closes the door behind us. "What, I don't even get to say goodbye to the boy? I just helped save his life, you know."

I can see even more anger flash across her jade eyes at my words. However, she can't deny the fact that I did, indeed, just help save her son. Peter was her son, correct? No one's really given me the backstory yet.

"You can see him later." She grumbles as she stands guard at his door.

"Fine." I sigh and march off down the hall. Once I'm around the corner, I teleport back into Peter's room and watch the sleeping boy for a moment.

Why does it keep getting harder and harder to remind myself of what I must do?

Quit getting attached, Loki. It never ends well. And it especially won't, in this case.

My mind feels quiet for a moment.

It's almost as if my heart can't help but ache as I picture all the terrible things they're going to do to this small boy in front of me.

And I'm going to be the one condemning him to it.

Can I still do this?

Does it even matter if I can't?

They'll try to take him either way.

At least I can do it humanely.

This is my second opportunity to take the child, my third being tomorrow night during our "movie-marathon", or whatever Peter had called it. I won't take him now, no...I can at least wait until he's healed before the agency tears the little one from his family here.

My mind darts back over to the movie-marathon Peter currently has planned. The concept brings a smile to my face.

Someone actually wants to spend their time with me.

And I'm about to knowingly hurt that someone.

I'm about to rip that someone right from their home.

Peter would never forgive me if I did it, though. He'd never trust me again. And Peter seems to be the only one in the entire multiverse that trusts me anymore. Peter has hope in me—a hope I never thought I could deserve.

Why does he have hope in me?

Does it even matter why? All that matters is he does.

Peter has unknowingly given me a second chance. An opportunity to prove myself.

Am I willing to give that up for my freedom?

The agency promised me they could pardon my crimes if I could find leverage on the Avengers.

Now, I know I shouldn't be concerned for Midguardian laws and charges. And I'm not, really. But I know SHIELD would never give up on taking me down if I wasn't pardoned. Without any real reason to imprison me, SHIELD wouldn't even be able to capture me again.

This was my second chance to rule Midguard.

My own kingdom. Away from my senseless brute of a brother. I could finally show him how little he truly is compared to me.

However, all the pent up pride inside of me deflates once my eyes land on the little one again.

Is it worth it?

Could it ever be?

Can I do this?

Does it matter if I can't?

______

see you for the next update (: hope you enjoyed this surprise triple update!

remember to check out the solangelo fic i just posted! sorry! okay! thanks!

*dives into the abyss*

-vamoosh