18 - mamaspider

pArDoN mE bUt wE aRe aT #1 in #spiderman?! < for a second lol but it was there!

aLsO iF thIs bOoK rEachEs 100k I thInk i'M goNna eXPloDe

__Peter's POV__

"She WHAT?!" Nat screeches, flying out of her chair. "Oh, the woman is dead." Her voice is seething, anger dripping from each consonant.

"Nat!" I panic, throwing my arms up to stop her. "You can't kill her!" How could she even consider that option?! You know what, scratch that—it's not even an OPTION!

"Says who?" She shoots back.

"I-" I stutter, "The law!"

"I AM THE LAW." She shouts, marching to the door in a heat of unrelenting rage. "Clint!" Nat calls as soon as the door is open. I follow her nervously, wringing the bottom of my shirt with my clammy hands.

Clint's head pops out of a vent above us, the cover falling to the floor with a crash. "You called?"

"Get in the car, we're murdering Peter's aunt." She nods her head at him as she strides past.

Clint drops down from the vent in a heap, then quickly picks himself up and falling into stride beside us. "Why?"

"No time to explain—"

"NO ONE IS MURDERING ANYONE." I shout, making everyone stop. "Murder is never the answer!"

"Murder is the question." Clint corrects.

"THE ANSWER IS YES." Nat decides, stampeding to the elevator now.

"Okay—" I take a deep breath as we pile into the elevator. "What's your plan then, huh? What do you think you're gonna do?" Maybe if I get her to consider the logistics of it, I can get her to actually think this through.

"I've got a few knives up my sleeves..." She nods her head at me, smirking.

"I think you mean cards—" I interrupt.

"She did not." Clint nods at me, crossing his arms.

"I did not." Nat pulls a few knives from her sleeves as she glares off into the distance.

"Nat, NO!" I screech and take the knives from her hands. "We're not murdering anyone!" I, in a spastic effort to get rid of the weapons fast, yeet the knives into the elevator's farthest corner.

Nat groans, "Fine." She crosses her arms, "We're just gonna talk."

I pause, squinting at her. "Are you?"

"Define 'talk'...?" Clint bunches his eyebrows at her. Before she replies, the elevator doors open and she's already on her way to the car.

Nat takes the driver's seat with Clint in the passenger's side, while I sit in the backseat. She taps something on the steering wheel as we pull out of the parking garage. "Fri, call Stark."

The phone rings just once before he answers, "...do the thing?"

"Do the thing." She glares straight forward, her face set in a hardened stone look.

__it's jerry™️'s arch nemesis: terry 0:<__

Oddly enough, our first stop is the Department of Health and Human Services. Nat runs in for a moment and comes back out with a folder full of papers. I tried to ask Clint what we were doing but he just kept changing the subject.

Next stop is my apartment. I refused at first, but after Nat assured that she would not kill my aunt, she goes in alone.

Literally as soon as the door closes, Clint jumps directly into conversation to distract me. "So, how's school?"