Prologue: The Set Up

Omniscient POV

Jordynne walked down to the basement. It was the last part of the place she used to call home left to pack. She figured she'd start with all the toys that were scattered everywhere. She picked them up one by one and placed them into a box.

"AUTUMN!!!!!" She yelled loud enough for her daughter to hear her. Moments later she heard tiny footsteps.

"Yes mommy?"

"You and your brothers come pick up the rest of these toys. The movers will be here tomorrow so I want it done tonight or no tv." She nodded before running back upstairs. She could hear her yelling for BJ and AJ to come help. Her crazy la family she thought to herself.

Getting off the floor, she decided to clean the closet while the kids clean the toys up. Trying to open the closet door, she tugged a little harder because it was jammed. It popped open, causing something to fall and hit her in the head. "Dammit!" She yelled, holding her head.

"Mommy, you okay?" Autumn asked coming back down the stairs, with her brothers trailing her. BJ was the oldest but yet Autumn seemed to be running things.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."

"Be careful mommy," BJ added, causing Jordynne to laugh. "Thanks mom and dad."

She went back to the closet and picked up what fell on the floor. Tossing it in a box, she moved on the the next thing. "What the hell?" She questioned as she came across a computer screen. She turned it on and behold it was the security cameras she had put up a while back. She had forgotten all about them.

Curiousity won and she began going thru the footage. Her eyes watered at all the cute and freaky moments she once shared with August. He still wasn't really talking to her and she was upset about the things he said. She made a commitment to herself to move on. She knows she did nothing wrong despite the pictures.

She skimmed thru the rest of the footage until something caught her eye. She pressed play and watched as Daniel carried her unconscious body upstairs. "No fuckin way. I knew it! I knew I wouldn't do that, but how the hell?" She scratched her head in confusion. She was trying to remember what could have possibly happened but she couldn't.

"I gotta show August," she mumbled out loud. She burned a copy onto a CD. He didn't have to believe what came from her mouth but this video wasn't gon lie.

"Kids, let's go on a road trip to see daddy."

*****

Jordynne

I pulled up to August house and parked the car. I turned around to see all three of my little munchkins were asleep in the back seat. So much for seeing daddy I thought to myself.

I left the car running with the heat on as I got out. I walked up to the front door and knocked. The December air was blowing and sent chills thru my body. I rubbed my hands up and down my arm, tryna keep warm. After a few minutes, I decided that I would just leave.

I paused, contemplating on leaving the disc in the mail slot that falls into the house. I started pushing it thru the slot but stopped. Did I really want to do this? Was it really going to change anything? We both agreed to move on and keep a relationship for the kids sake but deep down I feel like I had something to prove. Daniel was definitely on my hit list and he was going to die, by any means.

"What you doing hea ma?" A voice scared me and made me drop the disk all the way thru. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I turned around to see August walking up. "Huh?" was all I managed to get out. He stood in front of me, looking down, licking his lips. Now why he have to do that.

"I said, what ya doing hea?"

I was at a lost for words. I couldn't think of any good reason why I'd randomly be at his house, so I lied.

"I-Uh, I was in the neighborhood and uh I-uh the kids wanted to say hi." I pointed to the car.

"You do know that's wha dey make phones fa righ?"

I nodded. "Uh, Ya-yea, uh I-uh gotta go." I brushed past him and power walked to my car. I got in, put my seatbelt on and hit reverse. Knowing August lightskin ass, he doesn't look at his mail right away so I had time to come up with a plan to get that dvd back. I also needed a plan on how to get to Daniel. Full time mother, friend, business woman, supporter, and part time hit woman...feels like I got six jobs.

.... I don't get tired.....

JUST A LITTLE SNEAK PEEK!!!

TO BE CONTINUED....

Let's get it poppin'

Love,

Jay ❤️