8. My favourite boy

The rest of the week went by quickly. George started to hang out with Clay more, meeting up after the walks and even staying over at one another's apartment. George felt a bit bad for not talking to Lukas and Charlie as often as he used to, but he knew that Lukas was completely fine with it. He hasn't heard from Charlie, though, which is why he felt a tad bit guilty whenever he'd visit Clay's flat.

Spring break ended and it was time to go back to work. This also meant he didn't need to walk Winston anymore, even though he offered to walk him for Lana, Lana just couldn't accept the offer. But even thought George wouldn't see Clay in the mornings anymore, he'd still meet up with him after work, sometimes meet up during lunch and chat for a while during George's lunch break.

It was a Thursday and George was sat behind his computer, typing vigorously. Natalie, who sat next to him, was already looking around, trying to spot the blonde boy who kept visiting around noon. And sure enough, Clay walked into the room with a huge smile, greeting George's co-workers politely. They all nodded or muttered a quiet hi, all busy working. George stopped typing and looked up, giving Clay a small smile. 

"You're early," said George bluntly, his eyes focusing on the screen. He was almost done with what he needed to finish before lunch. Clay nodded, smiling as he watched George, resting his hands on George's side of the desk.

"Well, it doesn't hurt coming earlier," Clay commented, sitting down in an empty chair. "Especially if I get to spend more time with my favourite boy." 

George's lips formed into an involuntary smile, pausing his typing and looking at him again, "Am I really?" he asked, making Clay chuckle softly, "Yeah."

"You two are so disgustingly adorable," Natalie muttered under her breath, making both of them laugh. George was just about to finish typing, when a female walked up to George's desk, putting her hands down. It was Charlie. "Look, George, I need to talk to you really quickly."

She looked around and noticed Clay sitting in the desk chair, watching them curiously. Charlie smiled at him, then looked back at George. "Yeah, what's up?" George inquired, saving the files and switching off the computer.

"So uh, I apologise for what happened on that Sunday," Charlie  started. Clay looked at them in confusion, resting his face in his hand. George nodded slowly, turning to face her, "And uhm, I was wondering if I could take you to dinner. To talk things through." 

George hesitated before nodding in agreement, Charlie beaming and then telling him she'd call him later today to agree on the time and date. She left and George got up, beckoning Clay to get up as well, as the two made their way to a nearby restaurant which was connected to George's workplace, granting the workers a discount.

They sat down in a secluded corner, talking animatedly while picking the food. The waiter came by and the two stated their orders. He left and Clay and George resumed talking.

"What happened on Sunday?" Clay asked, tilting his head slightly when he said it. George sighed and shook his head, "Nothing really, things just got a bit..." George's voice trailed off as he searched for a good way to put it. He couldn't possibly tell Clay that the whole ordeal was because of Charlie's potential interest in him!

Clay sat there patiently, waiting for him to finish his sentence. "unpleasant," George said finally, noticing the waiter with their food. They thanked him and ate in silence, Clay letting out remarks every now and then, trying to lighten up the mood.

When they finished eating, George walked back to his work, giving Clay short but sweet hug before walking back into the building. Clay could feel his cheeks heating up slightly as he walked in the opposite direction, smiling widely.