9. Sentimental sleeping and confrontational collations

George was lying on the sofa, resting his head in Clay's lap as he flipped through the pages in his book. The blonde was trying so hard to stay awake, his head falling slightly, his eyelids lowering.

It was about 10:30 pm and George had came over to Clay's house. Both of them were on the couch, half asleep. Thoughts raced through George's head.

 The brunette has agreed to go out to dinner with Charlie on Friday. He was wondering what she wanted to tell him. The problem was that she never acted like this. George thought about it, his eyes not focusing on the words anymore. He missed Charlie. The old Charlie.

The Charlie who laughed and smiled and took jokes lightly. All week she has been avoiding him. George didn't even know if she talked to Lukas anymore. Ugh, why are females so complicated?

George noticed that Clay was quite quiet. He looked up and noticed that he has dozed off, his chest rising up slowly. It was rather late so George lifted his head up, closing the book and putting it on the table. The sudden movement jerked Clay awake.

"Where are you going?" Clay muttered sleepily, rubbing his eyes and stretching his arms. George looked at the clock and then back at the sleepy blonde, "I have to go, it's getting late and we have work tomorrow," George crooned, sitting down next to him.

Clay yawned and wrapped his legs around George, making him laugh in surprise. "Noo, George, you can't leave!" he whined, propping himself on his elbows to face George, "You can stay the night?" 

George chuckled, rolling his eyes, "Fine, but I'm sleeping on the couch," said George, holding up his index finger before Clay could complain. "But how will we talk?" Clay asked and George snorted, shaking his head in amusement.

George kicked his legs, not feeling as comfortable in his attire. "Do you have sweatpants I can wear? I'm not going to sleep in jeans," George mused and Clay nodded, getting up and waddling into his room, coming out with a pair of sweatpants that were surely too big for him. He threw them at George and then left. George could only assume to change as well.

He quickly kicked off his jeans, folding them nicely and putting on Clay's sweatpants which were a nice shade of yellow. He felt much more comfortable, even though they were huge. 

Clay came back after a while, changed as well. He stood in the doorway for a while, leaning on the side of the frame. "So... you're sure you don't want to sleep in my bed?" he asked casually, catching George off guard. George bit the inside of his cheek, shaking his head, "Alright, suit yourself."

Clay went back into his room, returning after five minutes with a pillow and duvet in his hands, placing it on the sofa. They exchanged good nights and Clay walked out of the room. George adjusted his pillow and wrapped himself in the duvet, instantly regretting his choice to sleep on the couch as it was exceedingly uncomfortable. 

He tossed and turned for a few minutes, trying to fall asleep. Unsuccessful, he sat up and contemplated asking Clay if they could trade sleeping spaces, even though he knew the answer was going to be no. Slowly, he got up, dragging the duvet and the pillow with him. 

He slowly opened the door, peering in and seeing the seemingly asleep Clay. Hesitantly, he walked over to the bed. Clay opened one eye and screamed, seeing George at the foot of his bed. "Jesus Christ! Why are you standing there like a sleep paralysis demon?!" Clay exclaimed, touching his forehead and exhaling slowly.

George shuffled his feet awkwardly. 'Maybe it wasn't a good idea to walk into his room so suddenly,' he thought. "I- er, firstly, sorry for waking you up," George started, giving him an apologetic glance. Clay snorted, his lips twitching upwards, "Secondly, uh, sleeping on the couch is going to strain my neck muscles, it's really uncomfortable."