13. Redamancy

George didn't go home. He walked straight to Clay's apartment. Right before knocking on the door, he felt tears staining his cheeks. He remembered how hurt and confused Clay felt. What has she said to him to make him so sad? George knocked weakly, covering his face with his hand. 

The door was opened by Clay. He stared at him, shocked, when he saw George outside of his apartment door, sobbing. "Clay.. Clay I'm so sorry," George whimpered, looking up at Clay with tears in his eyes, "it was all Charlotte. You have to trust me, Clay. She took my phone at the dinner and sent the message herself."

George's voice was becoming more and more shaky as he sobbed harder, trying to calm down but failing. He missed Clay so much and just imagining what he must have been feeling this week made George sick to his stomach. He was so overwhelmed. Clay's eyes filled with tears.

Both of them were crying at this point. "I really am sorry I didn't find out about this sooner," he choked out, his breath hitching. His brown eyes met Clay's green ones, "I'm sorry I couldn't have been there for you sooner." 

Clay didn't know what to think. The sadness he seemed to feel during the entirety of last week was fading away. On one hand, he wanted to believe George. He wanted to spend time with him. But on the other hand, he didn't know if he was saying the truth. 

For when Clay received the message from Charlotte when George left, Clay was shocked. Looking back at it, Clay should have confronted George about it before doing something impulsive. The messages were filled with a lot of swears and disgusting terms and just generally didn't really seem like something George would say.

The messages were talking about how 'George' didn't want to talk to him anymore because he suspected he was a, and then a couple of redacted words followed. The more Clay thought about it, the more he believed the brunette. George's flow of tears was ceasing slowly, trying to deduce what Clay was thinking. 

"... so you don't hate me?" Clay breathed out, wiping his cheek gently. George shook his head immediately, his eyebrows furrowing, "Clay, I never hated you. I swear, I didn't send those messages."

Clay didn't need any more convincing. He believed George. 

"George," Clay whispered weakly, tears rolling down the side of his cheeks. George looked at him, his eyes glinting. Clay mustered a watery smile, holding his hand out and gently cupping George's face, "Oh, George." 

George didn't realise what was happening until Clay leaned in, making the space between them nonexistent. He parted his lips slightly, cheeks reddening when he felt Clay's lips on his. George could taste the salty tears on his lips. His heart was hammering in his chest.

So many thoughts were running through George's mind. He felt such a vast amount of divergent emotions. Happiness was the most dominant though. He felt relief because it got resolved, anger because of Charlie, a mixture of comfort and warmth due to the fact that Clay actually liked him back. 

When they pulled away, George stared at him for a couple of seconds. Clay was a deep shade of crimson, a lopsided grin forming on his face. "Well, it seems that I like you," said George after a moment of comfortable silence. Clay laughed, making George giggle as well, "Yeah, I think I like you too."

Clay already knew what George was going to say. "Aww, now's the part when we kiss," George joked, the two of them laughing at the déjà vu. Clay gave him a quick peck on the lips, pulling away too early for George's liking. He beckoned him to come inside, where George was immediately greeted by a curious Patches. 

"I'm going to spend so much time with you now because I've missed you so much," George turned to Clay, who closed the door behind them and picked up Patches, giving her a pet. Denver poked his head out of the kitchen and tilted it to the side when he noticed how happy Clay seemed, opposed to the sulky quiet Clay he saw an hour ago.

George bent down and patted Denver softly, smiling brightly. "I'm not complaining," Clay grinned, sitting down on the sofa with Patches in his arms, earning a tiny meow from the feline. George sat down next to him, his hands holding his phone. Clay looked at him quizzically. 

George looked back at Clay and smiled, "Well, I wasn't going to show you, but since it's our one month of knowing each other annviersary thing, I made something for you," George looked back at his phone. It was happening in a few days but George thought it would be better if he showed him now. Clay arched his eyebrows in amusement, "and I wanted to show you what I made."

Clay leaned closer to George to see what George was doing on his phone. He bashfully handed over the phone and played the video. George tried to read Clay's facial expressions, but couldn't quite tell what he was feeling. Clay watched the video in awe, covering his cheek with his hand.

"Can I," Clay breathed out, not taking his eyes off of the video. George cocked his head and hummed in response, "Can I have those drawings?"

George exhaled sharply through his nose in amusement but nodded. The video ended shortly after. Clay glanced up at George, handing over the phone and covering his face with his hands, rolling over on the sofa. George raised his eyebrows, rolling on top of Clay and giggling softly. 

"Do you like it?" George asked, putting his phone into his pocket. Clay moved his fingers so that he could see George, smiling shyly. "Yeah, I love it." 

George felt his cheeks tint a subtle shade of red as he rested his head on Clay's chest, closing his eyes and intertwining their hands. Clay smiled and squeezed his hand, musing about them and their potential future together. He loved George. Clay opened his eyes and gazed at George fondly. 

It was a gorgeous spring day. George spent the rest of the day with Clay. In the evening, George decided to go home, hugging Clay goodbye and walking to his apartment. When he got home, he immediately called Lukas.

George pressed his phone to his ear, smiling widely when Lukas picked up. "Today was extremely eventful. I'll tell you about that later. But guess what?" George asked excitedly. Lukas let out a long 'uhhh' before George cut him off again, "Clay and I kissed!"

"Oh- er, congrats?" Lukas replied, laughing while George rolled his eyes, still grinning like an idiot. "So are you two like a thing now?"

"Yeah, I reckon," George sat down and bit his lip. Lukas smiled softly. "Good for you. I'm glad that you're happy."

George rested his head in his hand while he talked to Lukas for a while, both of them chattering like two lovesick teenage girls. That night, George went to sleep with a huge infectious smile on his face, knowing that Clay actually liked him back. 

His Clay.

His trouvaille. 

The End.