Brooklyn

He had them. He knew that it would only be a matter of time until he'd find them. They were way too smug, way too burly not to attract attention. It had been clever to send out the Widow first, Peter would give them that, but in the end, it was inevitable for them to get caught out in the open.

He was in Brooklyn, only a block away from May's hotel. That was honestly the worst part about this scenario. He didn't want her anywhere near these people and a block was way too close for his liking. Hell, anywhere in the state of New York would be too close to his liking.

"So Tony just sends his underling in now?" Wilson clutched the fabric of his jacket in a show of fake hurt. "Does he not care for us anymore?"

"Nobody sent me here," Peter snarled.

Rogers waved a hand at Wilson, signaling him to stop.

"Just step out of the way, son." Rogers' voice was so calm it was almost insulting how little he was bothered by Peter's presence. "This doesn't concern you."

"Oh, you'll find that it does."

Rogers sighed and shot a glance at Wilson. "Why don't you go ahead and join Clint. I'll meet you in there in a minute."

The other man looked Peter up and down before he just shrugged. The door into the building was only a few steps in front of them. They wouldn't have to get past Peter but they sure would have to get a whole lot closer. Of course, Peter could have simply taken them out one by one. let Wilson get away and go after him once he had dealt with Rogers first, but why chase the bird dude later if he was in front of him right there and then? As Wilson stepped forward, eyes still on Peter as he made his way to the doorway, Peter gave his wrists a short flick and shot a set of webs at him, shackling his ankles first, then wrapped one around his torso that pinned Wilson's arms snug to his body.

"The fuck!" Wilson wiggled his shoulders, trying to break free, but only managed to make himself lose his balance. Only the Captain's quick reaction kept him on his feet.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Rogers furiously tugged on the webs, his arms bulging but not even Captain America would be strong enough to tear Peter's webs apart like that. The batch was perfect. He had made sure that it was.

"What? You think you can just do whatever the fuck you want without any repercussions?" Peter shrugged. "Well, you can't." He took a step closer to them, hands balled into fists. "I'll make sure you pay for what you did."

"For what we did?" Roger huffed out a laugh. "What is it that we did, son? We fought to keep people safe. Isn't that what you claim to do?"

"You didn't though! You didn't keep them safe." Peter couldn't hold onto his temper. He should be collected, concentrate, but he had waited for this for too long. "You got them hurt, caused chaos and put everyone else who's like you... who's different... you put them in danger too!"

"Oh, did we? Do you know what they did to the team?" He helped Wilson to sit on the floor. "Where they kept them locked up before I got them out? Where Tony Stark helped to put them?"

He tried to control his voice, his temper. How could he in the face of such blatant arrogance? "Here's an idea, maybe don't break the law and you won't be put in jail."

"In jail? Is that what we call submarine bunkers and shock collars now?"

Peter's face twitched and he was once again thankful for the mask. The Captain's arms flexed again, his hands agitated. Probably phantom pains from the missing shield.

"That's where they'd put you too and you know it's true. They'd gladly lock all of us in there and drop the key in the deepest part of the ocean." The man's head was tilted to the side a bit, his eyes narrowed. "We're the same, you and I. We fight for the same thing, Spider-Man."