Chapter 5

''Frank you look so tired.'' Vic said prodding my face with his paintbrush. To begin with I didn't notice I was trying to hard not to fall asleep but I soon realised he was painting red lines on my face.

''Dude you're painting my face.'' I grabbed the paint brush from his hands as Mr Way explained the task to the class.

''Took you a while to notice.'' He laughed.

''Not funny I have a red face.''

''My pleasure.'' He smirked. ''Why you so tired.'' He asked pushing his jokes aside and looking genuinely interested, if that's the right word.

''Didn't sleep.'' I used my fingers to hold my eyes open because I really thought they were about to shut and I would sleep for a month. 'I guess my brain was over thinking a little.' Well done Frank you just won the award for biggest understatement of the year.

''Wh-''

''Iero, Fuentes why are you talking during my lesson?'' Mr Way interrupted making the whole class stare back at us.

''Why are you teaching during our conversation.'' I retorted hearing Vic and a few others snicker, straightening up and stopping when Mr Way eyed the class. He may scare everyone else, but he's going to have to try a lot harder if he wants to scare me.

''This is a lesson Mr Iero, that's what I'm supposed to do, you however are supposed to listen not talk.'' He leaned up against the wall arms crossed, sassy.

''Why'd you always pick on me?''

''Because you always talk.''

''So do others, pick on them, don't pick on me.'' I snapped, I was too tired to be bothered, I think he noticed I was quite myself as he gave me a few odd looks.

''Don't talk then.'' He shook his head turning back to face the board.

''Well don't be a fucking hypocrite.'' I snapped folding my arms on the desk putting my head in them.

''Get outside.'' He said his voice slightly raised. I ignored him closing my eyes, I need sleep, I didn't realize quite how important sleep was. ''Outside Iero now.'' Vic nudged me in the top of the arm making me flinch slightly.

The pain surged through my body reminding me of all the emotions I was bottling, I'm awesome at bottling things up but sometimes you just break, and fucking hell I was about to break and that wasn't good. ''Iero! I'm not asking you, I'm telling you to wait outside.'' He said his voice getting angrier.

''Frank.'' Vic shook me gently holding my shoulders. ''Frank, he's getting annoyed.'' I shook his hands away feeling a few tears run across my hand. ''Frank, he doesn't look happy, he's coming over you should probably go outside.''

''Right I want you to brainstorm what you already know about portraits.'' Mr Way spoke loud and clear but angry again when he approached me. ''I told you to go outside.'' He growled stopping when he reached the desk. ''Frank? Frank, please could you go outside, I'll come and talk to you.'' His voice softened slightly still sounding annoyed.

I shoved my finger under my eye, head still on the table, hoping to stop my eyeliner running and sniffed trying not to cry, I never cry, no way am I crying. ''Frank lets go outside.'' He put a hand on each of my upper arms pulling away when I squirmed violently to shake his hand away. He put a hand on my back pushing me up from the chair and out of the door. ''Hold on a minute or two, I will be right back.'' He smiled slipping back into the classroom.

I slid down the wall throwing my head back against it, I can't believe I just let that happen. I broke, I let it all fall. Not only did I let it happen, I let it happen in a lesson, and not any old lesson. Gerard's lesson. Wiping away the few tears still on my face, I cleared my head - at least I tried to - of any negative thoughts. If I make it look like there was never anything wrong then nobody would know, I could pretend it never happened. Pulling my phone from my pocket I looked at my reflection in the black screen, somehow my eyeliner hadn't run, which was a relief so I really could make it seem like nothing happened. I breathed a sigh of relief letting my head fall back against the wall.