Epilogue

Gerard's POV

I don't even know how it happened, how did I go from being so depressed, to being the happiest person alive. Actually I know exactly how, Frank woke up. Not only did he wake up, but he heard me, heard everything I said and he forgave me. He fucking forgave me. I struggled to believe I actually felt so strongly about Frank, well until today, until I realized quite how much of a mood impact it him waking had on me. I thought I knew what love was, I thought I loved Bert, I really did, I thought that when he first proposed in the summer, I was the happiest man alive, and I thought he was to. At the time I thought it would all be fabulous, we'd be married by Christmas, he would stop drinking so much, he would drop the drugs and we would live happily ever fucking after. But apparently I was very fucking wrong, oh very wrong.

Instead of going from a drunk drug addict Bert McCracken, he turned into an always drunk always high Bert McCrackhead. Instead of riding into the sunset on a motherfucking unicorn with a bloody just married ribbon behind us and living our perfect happily ever fucking after, I met Frank. Don't get me wrong, best thing that ever happened to me, but god did it fuck things up for a while. Why I did some of the things I did I wish I knew, but I'm glad I cleared them all up. Fuck how much it would've killed me if Frank didn't know the truth, Frank needed to know what was going on, it would kill me if he didn't. Bert needed help, Bert is my friend and I want to keep it that way, nothing more an nothing less. Frank was the only thing that mattered now, keeping him happy, keeping him safe, and keeping our secret safe. Safe from the school, from his family, from my family, from his friends and most importantly the police. Sure my feelings for Frank are about as illegal as illegal gets, but no more hiding from myself. I'll be honest, I'm not scared to say it (not to myself and Frank anyway).

Because I love Frank. I love, I fucking adore Frank Anthony Iero.

Hear me motherfuckers? I fucking love Frank Iero. Hell yeah, fuck you all. Fuck you and your opinions, 'cause they're not mine - or Frank's - Fuck you and all you bullshit about it only being three months. Three months yeah? Stick it up my fucking ass, I don't give two flying fucks, three months? Three minutes with him and I'll bloody tell you how I feel. It's not fucking rocket science, three months is all I need. Three months spending all my time with him, getting to know him lets me know exactly how I feel. It doesn't take more than three months to know that I enjoy every minute I spend with him, whether it's watching him strut around clothing shops in thongs, sitting with him crying in a cemetery, feeding him ice-cream by a river or fucking him in my bed, I love every minute.

How do I know? Because the second I let him go, I realized that it wasn't the same. I didn't want to be sat in front of my TV with Indian takeaway, beer and Bert, I wanted to be sat in front of my TV with Chinese, coffee and Frank, I didn't want to be out at a bar getting shitfaced with Bert, I wanted to be out in Hollister watching Frank model underwear, and I didn't want to be popping pills to fuck Bert and keep him happy, I wanted to fuck Frank, because I couldn't resist. I realized that seeing Frank happy was better than seeing the bloody smashing pumpkins, better than seeing a fucking volcano explode before my eyes, because Frank was better than anything, and Frank happy would make me happy even in my death bed.

Smiling to myself, I sat back into the couch, coffee in hand, TV on and ready to sleep, I knew I would because I easily could, Frank was oka- I was cut off from my thought track by my phone ringing. I glanced at the time - half past midnight - who the fuck would ring me at this time. I didn't think about looking at the caller ID, just put the phone to my ear.

"Hel-"

"He's gone." A girl cried down the phone, it sounded like Hannah, but I couldn't quite tell, I didn't know her well enough and I couldn't hear her over the crying. "He's gone, just gone." She cried louder.

"Hannah? Is that you, I don't understand." I replied keeping as calm as I could, I tried to find a rastional explanation for who it was and what they were on about, but sat at the back of my mind was one thought and one thought only. It was Hannah, and she meant Frank.

"I don't either, I don't know where he went." She continued to cry hysterically down the phone as she did what sounded like tell people to fuck off.

"W-who went?" I asked my bottom lip trembling as my suspicion became more and more possible.

"Frank. H-he's gone."

"Where Hannah? Where?" I asked as tears cascading down my now frowning face. So much for Frank being okay, or at least as far as I knew, this was Frank, he was probably perfectly fine but I had no fucking clue because I didn't know where he was.

"I-I don't know. I w-went to get a coffee a-and I came back to the r-room and it was e-empty." She screamed clearly completely unable to control herself. There was a rustle as if the line was breaking up when I heard more voices and then Mike.

"Hi,"

"Mike, do you know what happened?" I asked running a hand through my hair as I stood up going for my coat.

"Yeah, sort of." He replied before asking me to wait a moment as he talked to some men who sounded like cops.

"Mike where are you?" I asked when he came back.

"Frank's house."

"I'll be right there." I said choking on my tears as I spoke. I whipped my coat on running straight from the apartment, not even locking the door as I left. My car was fixed now and unlike on the way to the hospital, I broke the speed limit and drove through several red lights, I was there in minutes.

There were blue flashing lights outside the house, coming from a police car. Hannah and Mike were stood with a policeman and Vic by the front door and through the front window I could just make out a women who looked about twice my age crying with an older man, I'm guessing they were Frank's parents. Mike saw my car pull up and smiled half-heartedly at me as I headed over tears streaming down my cheeks, I'm sure I looked a mess.

The policeman walked away just as I reached the three of them, "Pleas explain it to me."

"They think he ran away." Vic said, coughing as he spoke, tears pooling up in his eyes as he spoke.

"W-what?" I croaked, my voice hoarse from crying.

"Hannah went to get coffee from the cafe in the hospital, when she came back the room was empty and being cleaned, she asked the man what was going on and he said Frank had checked himself out because he had been cleared." Mike replied clearing his throat first as he held Hannah tight to his chest.

"I-I didn't think much of it, I-I assumed he was fine." She shrugged, "B-but I came back a-and his parents said they hadn't seen him, they thought it was me coming in earlier. I thought that was fine he would be upstairs, b-but I went u-upstairs a-and he wasn't there."

"So, how do y-you know he ran away?"

"Because he took his school bag, his phone is nowhere to be found and his converse and Doc. Martens are gone, along with his wallet, two jumpers several shirts and two pairs of jeans."

I didn't have a reply to that, I just stumbled back until I was leaning against the wall of the house. I was confused, confused and hurt. Why would he just disappear? He said he was glad he had woken, he said he wanted to wake, why would he run away?

Deciding no matter how many people may have tried it, it wouldn't harm to ring him in case he decided to answer. Not surprisingly there was no answer, I tried a second time, the same response. I texted him, maybe he would answer that if he saw it.

Me - I understand you might want to get away, but please at least tell me you're okay, I won't tell anyone else if you don't want me to, I promise I'm just so worried. Please tell me you're okay xoxoxox

No reply.

~ A/N that's it guys, it's done, I'll let you know later if I'm doing a sequel or not, but for now I'm going to go and hide before y'all come at me with knives, trying to disect me or push me out of windows, I'll post an authors note about a sequel another time, but for now I really should hide before you shoot me :] ~