[19]

DAYS REMAINING: 28

DAYS REMAINING: 28

THANKSGIVING WAS NOT THE GREAT holiday it was supposed to be. Terrible news was delivered. Seeds of doubt were planted. Angry and bitter words were exchanged. Fights were had. Changes were made. Things were uncomfortable.

Ricky Bowen handled each problem he had one by one. He started off with tackling the problem of his mom having a new boyfriend after only just moving out a few weeks ago. He called her the night of Thanksgiving, talking things out with her and expressing how much he missed her. He even told her about Luna, leaving out the part where she was currently upset because she didn't think he could ever tell her that he loved her. Talking with his mom did make him feel better like Nini said it would.

He thought about texting Nini to apologize for being rude to her, but he deleted the text he had started to type out. He wasn't sure what to say.

Instead, he moved onto his next problem: Luna. He ended up having to drive her back to his house so she could get her car after Ashlyn's party, but they didn't exchange any words. She only asked that he take her to her car and he obliged. The thing that told Ricky that she wasn't mad at him, just overall upset, was the action of her holding his hand when he drove her home that night. It was a silent action. While he was driving, she had wordlessly reached over and grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers.

Today, he wanted to explain to her why he was unable to say the L word to Nini, and fix things with her. To do that, he planned a little date for them.

Around midday, Ricky showed up at the Crawford residence and rung the doorbell. It took a minute before Luna opened the door. She really hadn't expected to see her boyfriend on her porch, holding a bouquet flowers at that. He flashed her an adorable smile.

"Ricky? What are you doing here?" She asked with a small smile.

He extended the flowers out for her to take. "These are for you, gorgeous," he began. A tiny blush spread across her cheeks. She took them, inhaling the sweet smell of fresh flowers. "I'm here because I wanted to apologize for what happened at the party."

Luna shook her head, stopping him there. "There's nothing for you to apologize for. You didn't do anything. It was all me, and I'm sorry." She motioned for him to come inside so she could put the flowers in a vase. They walked into the kitchen, where she pulled out a vase from one of her cabinets.

"You don't have to apologize, Lu. I understand why you were upset," he sympathized. She filled the vase with water before placing the bundle of flowers softly in the vase. "It's completely understandable."

She sighed, not wanting to talk further about the situation so she switched topics. "These are beautiful, by the way. Thank you for them," she graciously told him.

"Beautiful flowers for my beautiful girl," he grinned. A smile made its way on her face as well.

Once she set the vase down in the middle of her kitchen table, she made her way over to Ricky. She enveloped him in a hug, missing the feeling of being in his arms, inhaling his familiar smell. He chuckled at her cute behavior, wrapping his arms around her, subconsciously rubbing small circles on her back.