Chapter VIII

"Clairvoyance?" Katrina asked, confused. "What's that?"

Celia squealed. "You can see through my eyes, can't you?"

"Well, not exactly see. I just imagine seeing from your perspective."

"And that answers your question," Celia says.

"What?"

"You have clairvoyance. You can see through other people's eyes," Celia said. "Wait, try going into my perspective again."

Katrina did as she was told. When she confirmed that she was looking through Celia's eyes, Celia pinched herself.

"Ow!" Katrina complained, rubbing her arm. Celia glanced at Katrina and she felt a wave of dizziness as she watched herself rub her own arm.

"Woah, this is weird," Katrina said.

"I can't believe you have a second ability!" Celia grinned. "This is amazing! You have to test it out today."

"What're you girls talking about?" Ted asked, peeking into their hut. "I can hear you all the way from my hut."

"Katrina has a second ability!" Celia said in a sing-songy voice. "Isn't this amazing?"

"What?!" Ted shrieked. "What do you mean, you have a second ability?" he said in a quieter voice.

Katrina shrugged. "Apparently I'm a clairvoyant."

Ted gaped at her, his mouth open.

"You've got to be kidding me," he said.

"Nope, it's true."

"Clairvoyance is a dangerous ability," he told her. "There are people who went crazy using that ability."

"How?"

"Some people live their life in another person's perspective," Ted started. "Some go crazy when the person they were in dies, some stay in other people's bodies for so long that they forget who they were-"

"Okay, okay, I get it, clairvoyance is dangerous," Katrina said, holding out her hands to stop him.

"It's not only dangerous, it's deadly!" Ted exclaimed. "Every time you use that ability, it chips away a bit of yourself and one day, you might completely forget who you are!"

"Aren't there successful clairvoyants, too?" Celia asked. "Like the one in the Guardians, what's her alias?" Celia snapped her fingers while she thought. "Ah, Psychic!"

"That's besides the point," Ted growled. "She's only one clairvoyant out of who knows how many-"

"Um, Psychic isn't the only successful clairvoyant out there," Celia said. She started listing names, all of which Katrina did not recognize.

"Okay, so maybe there are a few successful clairvoyants," Ted admitted, "but the majority still went crazy."

"Well, Katrina won't go crazy," Celia said, throwing an arm around Katrina's shoulders. "I won't let her. Besides, it's her choice. You can't stop her from using her ability if she wants to."

Ted grudgingly agreed. "So Kat?" he asked. "Do you want to practice your ability? I'll support your choice whatever you choose."

Celia chimed in her agreement, looking at her hopefully. Katrina glanced from Ted, to Celia, and back to Ted again.

"Sorry Ted," she said, "but I'm going to use my ability, whether you like it or not."

"I thought you were going to say that," Ted said, giving her a small smile as Celia squealed in excitement. "You were never one to give up your advantages, even if it puts you in danger."