Chapter XI

Katrina wasted no time. "How soon until it hits?"

"I don't know, but soon," Celia replied. "My power's going berserk; it's telling me to do multiple things at once."

"What does that mean?" Katrina asked. "Is that bad?"

"It depends," she replied unhelpfully. "It could either mean that there are multiple ways to survive, or that there are none."

Katrina cursed under her breath. "Well, let's hope that it's not the latter." She raised her voice. "Everyone, stop what you are doing! There's a hurricane coming!"

"A hurricane?" Stefan asked. "The weather's clear."

"I smell rain and hear a lot of wind," Amari said. "Put two and two together and you get a hurricane."

"And Celia senses danger," Katrina added, distracted. "Come on, we need to get indoors." She hustled everyone into the lowest building she could find, a small ten-story apartment building. They gathered in the lobby where Amari was peering out towards the quickly darkening sky.

"Block all the windows and doors," Katrina ordered, pushing a couch towards the main entrance. In a sudden, the couch zoomed over to the door, making Katrina fall over in surprise.

"Sorry about that," Alisha said sheepishly, catching Katrina with her telekinesis. "I should've given you a warning."

Katrina stood up, brushing off her pants. "It's fine. Can you do that to the other doors and windows?" Alisha nodded, and within a moment, furniture started whizzing through the air, some nearly hitting her. A few seconds later, they were securely blocked in.

"Celia?" Katrina asked, rubbing her head where a chair had bumped it, "Are we doing the right thing?"

Celia nodded. "My power is starting to calm down a bit, so that's good."

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch." Amari shut her eyes and tilted her ear towards the window. "I hear a tsunami coming."

"How far away is it?" Katrina asked.

"Not far at all. I can hear it quite loudly."

Katrina strained her ears, and sure enough, she could hear a faint rumbling noise. "A tsunami and a hurricane. Great," she groaned. "Just great."

"How is that even possible, you know, to have two disasters at the same time?" Wyne asked.

"I suppose it's just the scientists messing with us again," Katrina replied distractedly as she watched David murmur something to Stefan.

"David wants to know if you can teleport all of us away," Stefan said, turning to Wyne. Katrina slapped her face, completely forgetting about Wyne's ability. To her disappointment, Wyne shook his head.

"The scientists did something to prevent me from teleporting," he said. "I can't even teleport myself, much less anyone else."

"Stefan, ask David if he can protect himself with his intangibility," Alisha ordered. After Stefan repeated her words to David in Korean, he turned back to her.

"He says he can stay intangible during the duration of the disaster so that any debris will just go through him, but he's unable to turn multiple people intangible at once."

Thoughts raced through Katrina's head as she struggled for a solution. David was safe, but the rest of them weren't.

"I have enough energy to fly me and three other people into the air, high enough so that we won't be in danger," Alisha offered. "We should probably do it soon though; Celia and Amari are starting to look antsy."