h

AUTHOR

AUTHOR

it was currently evening, the sun no longer there, as the moon shined towards the whole city. mashiho sighed as he watched the lights of the buildings around him vanish, as the night was here and now everyone had to go rest.

"mashiho?" an angelic voice was heard entering the roof, the small boy sighed and wished himself good luck.

"you told me to come here, why?" junkyu asked, moving towards mashiho who looked down at his feet with a nervous look.

"i actually wanted to ask something," mashiho uttered quietly, his words once again drifting off as the feeling of nervousness crawled onto his back.

"sure, what is it?" the tall boy replied, putting his hands in his pockets.

"do you...like me by chance?" mashiho looked up, making sure to engage eye contact to the taller who seemed shocked.

junkyu scratched the back of his neck, the boy bit his lip as he grown nervous as well.

"y-yes...for a long time." junkyu replied with a nod, looki straight into mashiho's eyes.

mashiho was shocked, but relieved to hear that it wasn't a one sided thing. but, now it was time to say the whole reason why mashiho brought the older up to the roof.

"i'm sorry." mashiho said, looking down, junkyu tilting his head.

"i'm sorry but, let's let go of our feelings" mashiho said with a sigh, mentally slapping his head as the sentence he just said sounded so weird.

junkyu was dumbfounded, after so long, that tiny ounce of hope for them to date, was gone? for what?

"why?" junkyu asked with a hint of stern, folding his arms.

"junkyu, we're trainees. maybe one day we'll be idols, we can't date." mashiho explained, junkyu looking down as he knew the younger was correct.

"can't we hide it?" junkyu suggested,

mashiho shook his head as he knew that would lead to big consequences, sighing as he looked at junkyu.

"that would never work out." mashiho muttered, sighing as he looked around.

"why." junkyu said with a cold voice, the desperate look long gone as all you could see how frustrated he was.

"why what?" mashiho replied confused, the sad aura absent.

"why do you never fucking consider how i feel in my point of view?" junkyu uttered, his hands now in fists.

"what d-do you mean?" mashiho answered, getting a bit nervous at the sudden change of mood.

"what the fuck do you mean 'what do you mean'? do you think everything's about you? do you think you're the only one who feels fucking desperate all the time?!" junkyu yelled, letting out his anger.

mashiho played with his fingers, tears brimming as hearing the older's words hurt, even though it was basically true.

the small boy shook his head, indicating his response to junkyu's questions. the taller scoffed with a light chuckle,

"no? then why do you fucking act like it?" junkyu replied, mashiho looked up, a tear fallen onto the younger's eye seeing junkyu's look.

the words junkyu let out were filled with resentment, but the look on his face showed pain, which hurt mashiho seeing him like so.

"i-i don't know..." mashiho replied, junkyu looking up to the sky then looking back at the younger while shaking his head with a little laugh.

"oh course you don't know." junkyu spat, turning around as he walked away.

the tall boy storming off the roof, junkyu walked back into the complex slamming the door. standing still after he did so, he didn't even notice the tears falling from his sad eyes.

junkyu screamed, not caring about the other people probably asleep in their apartments. the boy punched the wall as he couldn't hold it back.

not caring anymore, he walked away to his dorm, slamming the door open while taking his things to move to another room.

——

doyoung from afar saw everything, the boy hid behind a wall when he heard junkyu walk off back to the dorm.

sighing, the boy slightly opened the door connecting to the roof, his heart broke at the sight before him.

mashiho was crawled up, only letting out sad cries as doyoung watched him.

doyoung walked over to mashiho, kneeling down as he pulled the other into a hug, patting mashiho's back telling him to let it out.

——

it was around midnight, mashiho and doyoung finally headed back to the dorm. as the two entered they saw asahi, yedam, jeongwoo, and haruto all sat on the couch with mixed expressions.

yedam looked up, frowning at the sight of mashiho that had red puffy eyes,

"it didn't go well didn't it?" haruto sighed as the four stood up to go hug mashiho.

the atmosphere was sorrowful, the best friends & doyoung tried their best to comfort the unhappy boy. although mashiho was sad, junkyu was sad as well. the boy was laid down on the bed, trying to sleep and trying to not reminisce of what just happened, but the boy couldn't help but shed some tears too.

all he ever wanted was to be at peace with mashiho, the constant bumpy ride that he had to overcome was tiring, he knew mashiho was hurting, but he couldn't comfort the younger while he was hurting as well.

"is it that hard to be happy." junkyu mumbled, yoonbin from the other bed looked at his cousin directly.

"what?" yoonbin asked as he didn't hear what junkyu said clearly,

"nothing, goodnight." junkyu replied, turning onto his side as he gripped tightly on the other pillow, hoping to get a good sleep which he obviously knew he wouldn't.

——

a/n; i'm so bad at writing sad stuff🤡