chapter 8

Roderick's POV

My week was not exactly going so well technically because I was having some issues at work buh I was hoping it would all be over as soon as possible. It was Friday and I had a meeting with a client out at a restaurant but in the middle of the meeting I got a call from home. My sister was sick. As if the problems I had at hand weren't enough. I did not want to show panic in front of my client but I wanted so much to leave straight to my sister but I waited since the meeting was about to end anyway.

I rushed out of the restaurant since I wanted to try and make it to my sister but as I was leaving my eye caught someone... Arnold ...I did not want to be a bad friend so I decided to say hello but he seemed like he wanted me to stay with the rather tight hug that he gave to me. I was not up for games tonight so I had a small talk with him and got into my car.

"Hello Rick..." My sister sounding weak on the other end of the line

"Vany I'm coming to see you now"

"Its not so serious.. Mum was exaggerating ...I'm fine"she chucked a little though I could feel it was forced because she did not want me  to panic.

"Vany no I'm coming right now" I hissed at her like she was my young sister at this point.

"Roderick?" Her voice sounding like she would hit me the next time she sees me."I said I'm fine ...I'll give you a call tomorrow morning"

I ended the call and turned my car around to head back to my apartment...I was so exhausted from the week and now my sister ..I just wanted to sleep and forget the world. I got inside my room, took off my shoes and took some aspirin because my head was hurting. I was too cold and yes there is hot water in the showers but I guess I did not want to shower so I fell on my bed and little by little sleep caught on and then the world went numb.

---------------------------------

My phone startled me out of my sleep. I looked around at the ceiling of my bedroom and it was too bright. The light coming through the windows made everything seem more pronounced in my eyes and my eyes stang a little from the brightness.

My phone kept ringing so I reached on the side of my bed and picked it up

"Hello"

"You're still asleep...get up" my sister shouted through my eardrums

"I thought u were sick" I asked my voice still sounding hoarse from sleep

"I am sick yes but the smell of your morning breath is going to kill me" she said this while laughing small small.

"Go brush your teeth and get something to eat"

She hung up and I looked at my phone to see the time and it was nine.

I gave out a loud groan and pulled my pillow to my face. I did not want to wake up at this time..at least not today..way to go sis..

Today I felt a bit more alive even though I spent most of the day at the balcony playing a cards game on my phone since I did not have anyone to play chess with witch was my best game in fact.

At seven I decided to take a walk around which I didn't know I needed so badly because I walked for quite some time around the block until I came back. I felt more refreshed and my senses were more alert than they were when the week began.

I walked very slavishly to my room but in the hallway I noticed a guy. He was wearing a tank top that was drenched from I guess his sweat and ooff did he have a body. His arms that hang out of the tank top looked so lean ....wait is that Arnold?... I asked myself while I picked up the pace to catch up to him. I called out his name but then realized he had earphones in. He probably wasn't hearing...he got in a room next to mine and shut the door. I stood outside his door wondering whether to knock. I was seriously confused at this point but then since its the guy next door  ....I guess I'll check him out tomorrow.