chapter 10

Home...at last...again. The same scent as always. I don't even know why I left because I really love my house but there was something in the air I couldn't get. Someone was cooking?...in my house? I panicked thinking someone had actually broken into my house and I asked Adriana to fast stay at the door because I needed to be sure about what was going on. I made my way slowly to the kitchen with nothing of course except my fists hoping whoever is here doesn't have a gun. At this point I am very scared but I needed to act like the big brother. I got  inside the kitchen and there he was standing... wearing an apron that I don't even remember having at all.

"Oh hey Arnold" he gave me one look ..shot a smile at me and he kept on going with his cooking.

"How did you...get in?" I asked while pointing a figure at the door and wearing a really confused face right now.

"I still have a key" he replied

"And I wasn't going to miss my little sister's arrival back home for anything in the world" Adriana was running towards him and she gave him a huge hug.

"You go sit down I'll bring you your cake" he said while signaling her to go sit at the dining table.

I was glad to see them both here ...no I was glad the three of us were here. I think my week will go well but as I was still thinking Aaron broke me out of my nice thoughts.

"Where were you?he curiously asked

"At work then the airport to pick up Adriana" I spoke up

"No I mean were have u been staying" he looked at me with narrowed eyes but I still felt the urge to lie to him.

"Right here why" I replied turning my gave away from him.

"Ohk ...its just that the house is so clean ...you know the type that says no body has been living here for some days"

"Fine ....I moved out... for a little while"

"I knew it" he scoffed at me

"Have you been living here?" I frowned my face trying to turn the whole situation around on him.

"No..." He said this with a smile that seemed devilish while he picked up the cake and took it to the table then came back for the rest of the food.

-----------------------

We had a good meal as siblings...probably one of the best in a long time but of course not for long because Adriana was leaving on Friday again. This reminded me that I had to contact Rick and let him know I was not going back any time soon. I kept on procrastinating though since I did not want anything to ruin this moment.

Aaron was staying the night so it was a full house or so I believe. I went up to my room and it was just how I left it. I fell on my bed and a smile appeared on my face. I hurried up and dressed down to go take a shower. I took a really long hot bath. After the bath I did not want to dry myself off in the bathroom so I got out and decided to do it next to my bed. Something kept telling me to tie my towel around my waist but I did not pay attention.

As I was drying my chest...my sister budged in

"I'm so sorry" she said this while she turned around and quickly ran out of my room shutting the door behind her. I stood frozen for like five seconds and then started talking to my self.

She didn't see me ...did she? ..no she probably just saw my side because I was facing my bed right...ahhhh who cares she's my sister. Wait what did she want....we'll talk tomorrow.

I shrugged it off and entered my bed to sleep.

-----------------------------------

Today I had to go to work ...I haven't even looked through the papers I brought home with me but Aaron was leaving and someone had to stay home with Adriana. I called my secretary to cancel all my meetings and appointments for the rest of the week and keep me informed of whatever is going on inside the company. This would also give me more time to look through the papers.