Affair

The sun silently creeps into the cabin like a thief through its uneven holes. It makes a starburst of illuminated dust particles in sporadic places. Not much light gets through the small window above us. The floral curtain is doing a great job of warding us from the light.

The forest is teeming with life, loud in the crisp morning air. Birds are chirping and tweeting, readying to start their day and the gentle roll of the lake echoes in the distance like a persistent rain shower.

I can just imagine the sparkle of the lake as it lulls across the Pines. It's the perfect morning for a row. I just have to convince Abby that it was something worth getting up for at the crack of dawn.

She's lying naked and prone next to me in the early morning's embrace. I'm ashamed to say that we'd passed out last night. After one very heated makeout session we decided to move it to the bedroom - where we'd significantly underestimated how much each of us had consumed. A couple of clothing removal aerobics; some half hearted but well intentioned kissing later; and Abigail and I had just simply fallen asleep.

Her shoulder length brunette cut is all messed up over her eyes. Short combing snores escape her pouted lips. I can only hear them because of the silence in the quiet of the forest. I gently rub her lower back with my palm and she stirs - shifting only to lie on her side.

I kiss her shoulders, then her back, then on her side, so close to her breast that my lips dip against their softness. All the while my hand travels up and down the curves of her spine.

Her flesh awakens with goosepimples as she moans. My hand moves lower to caress the soft bump of her behind. She squirms and turns her neck to me smiling.

"Mmm, mornin." Abby's voice is deliciously raspy with sleep.

"Morning sleepyhead." I smile moving my hand to cup her breast and massage it. This manages to coax another moan out of her. She stretches herself open and lays on her back to fully give me access. The smile on her face is lazy and sensual.

I kiss her all over, gently at first, my lips getting used to the supple skin beneath it. But I can feel her shiver for more. She pulls my head through my hair and kisses me deeply. The density of her body under mine is silky as we rub against each other. There are no words between us, for this duet we don't need any.

We kiss, deeper this time; I run my hand over the expanse of her thighs and nudge them to bend. As I do this I feel her hand over my back pull me closer, her hips trying to grind against me. But I recede.

Her protest is a languorous groan that quietens as soon as she realises my intentions. I can feel the pain of my nipples getting harder, and the rigid pebbles of hers against my left palm. I kiss my way down teasing her at every turn. On the dips of her bully button. The peak of her stomach. The crease of her thigh. First the right, then the left. All the while moving lower and lower until reaching my final destination.

Our love making is languid. Glorious, unrushed and one-sided, it's a submission of myself to Abigail. A supplication for her to accept my worship.

"Mmmmmmm." She moans and runs her hands all over her body until she reaches above her head and stretches.

"My goodness! Good morning Elizabeth Masey."

Abigail's smile is brilliant as she looks into my eyes with a dopey grin. It seems like her hands are jelly as she roughly runs them over my face and then flops them like a dead fish next to her.

"Oh God Elizabeth. Tha-at is one hell of a wake up call." She looks like she's in some trance-like snake dance with herself.

My and Abigail's sex life happened so few and far between, that after two years together, it was still beyond exciting. A wave of pride still courses through me whenever I manage to completely incapacitate as she was now.

Abigail is a young, beautiful, intelligent, inspiring and creative woman. Her stamina is unbelievable. She could have anyone that she wanted. I wondered if she could ever be truly satisfied with me.

I mean, I'm going to be forty next month. I know I'm a brilliant attorney, there's that, but I'm not cool or funny. I certainly wasn't romantic. My life is burdened with work and politics. My body is love-handled, I couldn't count the freckles on my back, the laugh lines on my eyes were starting to etch themselves more clearly on my face. I wasn't insecure, insecure. Just you know, a little...insecure-ish.

"Ohh God." She sighs in bliss.

Suddenly her eyes pop open.

"Do we still have cheesecake?"

I chuckle and say yes. Abigail has a legendary after-sex sweet tooth.

"But you have to get it yourself I'm taking a shower."

"What? No. It's," she squints at the vintage radio clock by her bedside. "It's 6am where are you showering to?"

"We're going rowing remember."

A goatlike mewl comes out of her as she buries her face into me and covers her face with the duvet.

"Noooo." She mumbles.

"Are you serious?" She asks. One of her eyes peeks at me from the linens. Her hair is a wiry nest of brown, worse than when she was sleeping.

I wiggle my eyes.

"Afraid so. Come on it'll be fun." I say.

I swing my legs to get out of bed. The heavy duvet makes a voop sound as I yank it all to the floor.

"Noooo -ho -ho. Noooo Liz. Come back and cuddle with me." She bellows in crisis and curls up in a fetal position. I know I'm torturing her but it's either this or she'll never get up. Abigail and sleeping in were like six year olds who'd just discovered a secret hideaway at camp.

I climb over her and cradle her head in my heads.

"I'll make it worth your while." I whisper.

She pauses her fake crying.

"How?"

"Cheesecake, cuddle then shower. -Together."

"Like together, together?" She asks.

I didn't care much for shower sex. It wasn't so much the sex. It was that Abigail always wanted the water to a scalding boil and I actually wanted to bath when I took a shower. With someone there, you sort of had to do a sexy soaping of each other and it didn't quite feel the same as an actual scrub.

"To. Gether." I say moving her hair away to kiss behind her ear. She looks at me for a very long minute. Then her face crumbles into a whine.

"But it's so earrrly." She breaks down into her fake crying. Dramatically crawling to the linen that's on the floor. She looks like she's reaching for a mirage in the desert.

I laugh grabbing it off the floor.

"Li-iiiiz!!!" Is the last thing I hear coming from the bedroom and run off into the kitchen.