Chapter 11

Robin's P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of my door opening quietly.

"Robin?" I hear Jason's voice whisper softly.

"Yes?" I sit up and my heart stops. For standing next to Jason is Alex.

"Alex?" I whisper, hoarsely.

"I'm here." She mutters, following Jason's lead and getting a chair. She sits next to me and I smile at her.

I try to take her hand but she pulls away and avoids my eyes. My heart sinks and I look at Jason. He smiles sadly and takes my hand instead.

"How are you feeling?" Jason asks.

"I-I dont know!" I start to sob. "I can't remember anything from the bomb with the Joker to yesterday!" I place my head in my hands. "I just can't remember anything!!!!"

"Maybe it's a good thing you dont remember?" Jason tries.

"No!!! I wanna know what happened!!! I wanna know why my best friend hates me!!!" I point at Alex as if she wasnt there.

She looks up, regret and anger in her eyes.

"You wanna know what happened?" She stands up and towers over me. "You wanna know why I'm avoiding you and hate you?!!"

"Alex-" Jason stands up and pulls her arm. "That's enough." He mutters, softly.

Alex pulls out of Jason's grasp. "No! It's not!!!" She turns to me angrily.

I stare at her, frightened and in shock.

"You!!!! You were turned into a freaking psychopathic clown!!!!! You worked for the Joker!!!!!!!! You stole things and hurt innocent people!!!!! You tried to blow up a city!!!!"

"What?! No! I- I wouldn't!" I cry.

"Alex." Jason cuts in. She cuts him off, angrily.

"You tried to poison second graders!!!!! You tried to kill me!!!! Kill me!!!! KILL ME!!!! YOU CHOKED ME AND TIED ME UP AND GAGGED ME AND THREW ME IN THE OCEAN TO DROWN!!!!!"

"No-" I whisper, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Alex stop." Jason says quietly.

Alex sobs. "YOU DATED ICICLE JUNIOR!!!! THAT STUPID SCUM!!!!!!!!"

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!!!" Jason bellows, standing up, knocking the chair over, scaring me and Alex out of our wits.

Jason hugs me tightly and I sit there, trembling, crying in his arms.

Alex huffs angrily before pushing past Jason and out the door.

"Alex!" Jason calls, following her. "Alex!"

"ALEEEEEEEEXXXXX!!!!!!" I scream, and collapse on my pillow.