Chapter 13

Robin's P.O.V.

After crying myself endlessly to sleep, I woke up the next morning, my eyes puffy and red. I remembered the events from last night and stared sadly down at my hands. Around 10:30 I decided to get up and eat something. I crawled out of bed and looked around the room for something else to wear. Eventually I found a light blue shirt and black jeans. I thew them on and walked in my stocking feet to the kitchen where the team was huddled around the small TV.

"-she collapsed on the ground and started thrashing before standing back up again. Here's footage from that scene."

I watched as a video of Jason and a tall girl and a pantsuit came on. They observed as Icicle Junior holds a girl in red and black. She thrashed in Icicle Junior's arms before stopping and standing up and whimpering, "I AM GOOD!!!" She fell back to the ground and Jason and the other girl disappeared as the team leapt into action and knocked out Icicle Junior.

The TV was clicked off and the team turned around. They stared wide eyed at me as I looked at my hands which were clutching a cereal bowl. Jason came and wrapped his arms around me.

"Was that me?" I looked down at the bowl.

Jason cleared his throat. "Did you sleep well?"

"Was that me?" I ask.

Jason sighed and ran a hand through his hair before placing his hand in mine. "Yes." He replied softly.

I stared at our entwined hands.

Jason started. "Robin-"

"I'm fine." I lied, my team members looking at me in concern. Jamie looked at me and Jason's hands before turning sadly away. He looked back before disappearing into training room.

The team slowly dispatches, having no real eagerness to remain near me. Alex wanders into the kitchen but when she sees me and Jason with our arm around each other, she turns promptly around and walks back out the door. A few tears streamed down my face as Jason's arms wrapped tighter around me.

"Hey." He said, lifting my chin. "Everything's gonna be okay. We'll work this out, okay?"

"Okay." I whispered.

He hugged me tightly once more before kissing my cheek and walking towards the door. "Will you be alright? I can stay if you want." He turned back.

I shook my head. "Go on. I'll be fine."

He looked back once more before disappearing through the door. My hands shook and my knees wobbled as I thought back to that video.

That had been when I wasn't being a criminal but merely talking and passing out. I was scared to see what I looked like while I was doing the bad stuff, but that didn't stop me from digging out all the tapes starting from the date I left Young Justice to today.

I popped the first one in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Attention Justice League and Young Justice League!" I yelled, causing a few members to come out. "Surrender Midnight, Black Canary, Green Lantern, Jason, Aquaman, and Green Arrow. Do so and I will not harm you. Disobey my orders and I will eliminate you all. Hahahahaha!!"

"Who are you?" Nightwing called.

"Your worst nightmare." I grinned evily. "Red Jester. WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~