Chapter 2 The Second Day of Christmas

For the rest of the day Severus couldn't stop wondering who had sent him the letter and the snow phoenix with the fig tree.  Further more how did they know that he even liked figs for that matter.  His mind was in a blur for that entire day as he watched the girls from Beauxbatons and the boys from dunstrang mingle with the students of Hogwarts. 

Madame Maxien and her deputy headmistress Angelic Miericules walked passed him in the corridore on the way to the great hall for lunch chatting amiabley in french.  There was just something oddly familiar about the deputy headmistress that he just couldn't place his finger on at the moment.  She was tall and elegant, and very nice to look at.  For a moment she paused and looked directly at him as if dareing him to peer into her mind, but before he could move or even think for that matter, she turned away and laughed softly at something that Madam Maxien had said to her.

The students that day were in the mood to hum that annoying song that was now stuck in his head ever since the night before, and it put him into a bad mood again.  His only light for the end of the day was the fact that he had his new snow phoenix Angel waiting for him back in his living quarters.  After deducting ten points from Potter in potions class he was in a better mood for most of the day until he finally got to return to his quarters and found that someone on the staff had placed a small Christmas tree beside his favorite chair, and had hang up a green and silver stocking on the mantle of his fireplace.

Angel was purched in the tree near the top with her long tail feathers floating down the tree.  She trilled happily when she saw him, and flew up into the air over the tree making a small flury of snowflakes fall over the tree, where it clung to the branches, making the tree look as if it were outside.  Severus smiled at his phoenix wishing that he had the proper cauldrons to brew a potion using phoenix tears. 

After he ate his dinner and went on patrol for that night he retired to his bed and began to dream again about Angel Malfoy.

~Dream Sequence~

Angel sat in the Slytherin common room humming a Christmas carol to herself as she cut paper snowflakes to hang all over the common room to decorate it.

"Hi there Severus, I'm making snowflakes do you want to help?" she asked lookeing up at him with pleeding silver eyes.

"Angel, you do realize that you are a witch and can do that with magic, don't you?" he asked giving her a puzzled look.

"Yeah, I know, but this is more fun!"

"And it's alwo more messy." interrupted Lucius as he popped up from under a large pile of paper snowflakes and dusted them off of his robes.

"Hay, Luce, you promised that you'd help." frowned Angel when she noticed that her big brother was attempting to get away.

"I know little sister, but I've got my N.E.W.T.'s to study for.  Can't Severus help you instead of me?" he asked giving his sister a puppy dog look.

"He can help, but you know that neet charm that makes so many more than I do.  Please don't go yet." he pleeded.

"I'll help you hang them up after dinner." said Lucius as he left the room with his bag for the silence of the library.

Severus sat down on the floor with Angel and grabbed some paper and scissors to make paper snowflakes with his friend.  "You really get into this holiday, don't you?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"Yes, it's great fun just spending time with friends and family, don't you think?" she asked with a light blush on her cheeks.

"Angel, I need to talk to you about yesterday." said Severus noticing her blush and thinking back to the other day when she had kissed him.

"What about the other day?" asked Angel looking up into his black eyes.

"Why did you kiss me?  There wasn't any mistletoe." he said.

"It's simple, I kissed you because I love you, and I always kiss people that I love." stated Angel smiling sweetly.

"Yes, but why do you love me?" he asked.

"Because I just do, isn't that good enough of you?" asked Angel as she got to her feet and waved her wand making all of the paper snowflakes float into teh air and hover there.

"No, I just don't understand why you love me." said Severus as the world around him went blinding white as if he were surrounded by a snow storm and he heard the soft somewhat familiar voice.  "Severus Snape wake up now." ordered the voice.

~End Dream Sequence~

Severus awoke again for the second night in a row and flicked his wand to find two rare golden tylenium cauldrons sitting on his trunk at the foot of his bed and his phoenix Angel purched on his foot with a letter in her beak.  She trilled softly as he took the note and began to read it to himself.

"Dearest Severus Snape,

I see that you like your phoenix and your fig tree.  Here is yet another gift to show you how much I love you.  Please enjoy the Tylenium cauldrons.

All my love,

Your secret admirer."  Severus folded the letter and inspected the new cauldrons.  He just couldn't believe his luck. 

The next day was Saturday so he decided to go into his lab and see what he could make with his new cauldrons and the help of his phoenix.  As he worked Angel sat on his shoulder and trilled happily while he sang to himself.  "On the send day of Christmas my true love gave to me two Tylenium cauldrons, and a phoenix and a fig tree."