11.

Namji arrived at his house. She went to his office at first but one of his workmates said he already went home hours ago.

She observed their house behind a car so that none of his family could see her. She came to surprise him and at least see him.

Namji was about to text him when she heard voices coming from behind the gates. It opened and it was them.

Her dad and his family came out smiling and laughing.

Dad: Are you excited?

Ryuna: *nods* Thank you so much dad!"

Dad: Anything for you, princess. It's your birthday!

Namji forgot that her 5 year-old half-sister had the same birthday as her. Of course, Ryuna would be upset if she didn't spend time with her dad on her birthday.

Namji watched them while tears rolled down her cheeks. How long does she have to live in secret? How long does she have to bear not having a father by her side?

-

She arrived back to her house in the middle of the night. She sat on the couch and placed the untouched cake on the table.

Grandmother: Namji, you're back! It's so late. How was your day with your dad? Did you have fun?

Namji: It was....

Namji couldn't lie to her anymore. She couldn't keep saying she was fine with a smile on her face. Tears fell from her eyes again and she started crying.

Her grandmother gave her an apologetic look before she pulled her into a warm hug.

Grandmother: There there. It's ok dear, let it all out."