26.

AFTER SCHOOL

Soobin was heading back home. He didn't feel good that school has already ended. Because there was something back at his house that made him hate his home.

He entered the house and as expected, the whole house is filled with the disgusting smell of alcohol. This isn't the bad part, his dad is.

Mr Choi: Soobin-ah, you're home early! Go buy me some more soju will ya?

His dad said as soon as Soobin was walking pass the living room.

Soobin: That's enough dad. Have you eaten?

Mr Choi: No. But go to the store and buy me some drinks.

He said a little harsher this time.

Soobin: Dad it's bad for your healt-

*CRASH*

Soobin flinched when his dad threw the empty bottle at the wall, shattering it into pieces.

Mr Choi: Don't be a stubborn bitch!

Soobin clenched his jaw.

Soobin: *sigh* I'm going. And I'll go out to eat something as well.

Mr Choi: Good, I don't have anything for you to eat here anyway.

Soobin quickly went to his room to change his uniform and went out of the house as quick as possible.

Every time Soobin saw his dad, he would be in this state. He was always drunk whenever and wherever. There was even a time where his dad hit Soobin for not having enough to drink.

His dad has been like this since Soobin's mother died 7 years ago. He couldn't accept it started drinking to forget about the pain he's feeling. Soobin attempted to talk to him many times but nothing was working and someday, he stopped trying.

Every single day, Soobin had to deal with his broken dad. He wasn't the same father to his eyes anymore. He thought of running away sometimes, but he couldn't. Soobin still loved his dad very much. Only if he would stop drinking and move on.

Soobin was afraid to love since then, scared that his partner would leave him and he would end up in a state like his dad. He promised to himself that he would never let anyone into his heart.