42.

SUNDAY

The guard led Soobin to the visiting room and sat on the chair. He was told to wait as the police officer was going to get his father.

Soobin became nervous and started fidgeting with his fingers. He heard the door open yet he couldn't lift his head to look at him.

His dad sat down. Soobin took a quick glance and immediately felt his heart shatter.

Mr Choi: Hi son.

He said through the clear wall standing between them. Soobin kept a straight face while looking down, not saying anything. He felt his tears starting to build up.

Mr Choi: Are you mad at me?

Soobin nodded. Hearing his calm voice broke him down to tears.

Soobin: I got so tired of your behavior and all I did was try to get you out of your miseries. You just have to accept it dad, mom is gone. But you're not alone, you still have me.

Soobin stated while wiping the tears off his face

Mr Choi: ....I was never aware of that until now. You gotta understand how hard it was for me to lose your mother. Of course you do understand but still, I should've paid more attention to you, take care of you and myself. I'm incredibly sorry Soobin.

Soobin cried harder. He was just really glad that he could finally talk like this with his dad.

Mr Choi: From now on, I'll try to change, for you. Do you forgive me?

Soobin couldn't speak as he was already hiccuping through his sob so he nodded instead. His dad chuckled.

Mr Choi: Don't cry now. Or fish will start swimming in your eyes, I taught you that remember?

It's been a while since he's said that, Soobin was only 3 when he started using that saying. He nodded again with a little chuckle. But his crying just doesn't seem to stop.

Mr Choi: I'll make it up to you once they release me. Let's go out to eat. How about bread? It's your favorite right?

Soobin succeeded to show a slight smile at his recommendation. He couldn't describe how happy he felt at the moment. Soobin wished his mom could see them reuniting once again.

a/n: Who plays among us? I've been addicted to that thing😂