23.

Manager: You're fired!

Namji's manager yelled at her face as she threw the apron at her face. She has only worked there for a week and Namji already lost her second side job.

She sighed and left the place quickly before the bull gets angrier. Namji needed to do something or she wouldn't be able to pay for her sick grandmother's treatment.

-

The sun was already setting yet Namji couldn't find a single shop or restaurant where she could work at.

*PHONE RINGS*

Namji: *picks up* Hello, doctor?

Doctor: *on the phone* Good evening. Moon Namji, something caused your grandmother's lungs to get triggered and I'd say, it wasn't very pleasing to her. She was coughing blood.

Namji: WHAT?! How is she now?? Is she ok?

Doctor: We managed to calm her down. Namji, I'd suggested you pay for her treatment soon. Your grandmother needs it.

-

Namji has dashed her way to the hospital and to her grandmother's room. She was sleeping. Namji approached her and sat beside her.

Immediately she started crying as she buried her face in her hands. The money she has earned wasn't enough to save her grandmother. Namji didn't know what to do anymore. She didn't think it would be this hard.

There was only one way now....even tho Namji didn't want to ask for his help, she had to.

-

Namji stood outside the hospital with her phone in her hand. She took a deep breath before dialing her dad's number.

But she stopped before she could press the call button. She thought, asking for his help made her look pathetic, she was angry at her father yet here she is about to seek for his help. Tears were starting to form in her eyes again. She wasn't ready to talk to him, but it has to be done now. She needed the money.

She pressed the call button and placed her phone on her ear.

...

Dad: *on the phone* Hello?

Namji doesn't say a word.

Dad: Namji is that you-

Namji immediately ended the call and broke down crying. Someone turned her around and got crashed into someone's chest.

Namji gasped and tried to push the person away but he just clasped his arms around her.

Soobin: Shh it's just me.

Namji stopped moving as soon as she heard his soothing voice.

Namji: How did you-

Soobin: Was just passing by until I saw you. Are you ok?

Namji didn't respond anymore and the next thing he knew, he heard her sobbing again.

Namji: I can't handle the pressure anymore. I'm so tired.

Soobin tightened his grip around her as she cried onto his chest.

Soobin: I'll be here for you whenever you need me. You can let it all out.

Soobin stayed there with her in his arms for as long as needed. He didn't know when he suddenly became so solicitous towards this girl.

a/n: Can you guys suggest me some other reading apps? I'm not going to delete my Wattpad acc, just asking. :)

 :)