The New Recruit

Theo's POV

I can feel it. Liam has finally died. The second addition to my pack will finally be coming to me. The thing is though. Liam won't be as easy to pull. They will guard his body more now that they know what will happen when I get my hands on him. The same thing that happened to Stiles.

Speaking of Stiles. Probably time to wake him up. It can't be comfortable being locked up on that bed like that all night long.

"WAKE UP!!!" I yelled as I slapped him across the face. He immediately woke up and tried to mine before he realized that he was still chained up.

"Now now. Don't move. It will only hurt more if you move." He instantly stopped and went still. I grabbed the key and unlocked his chains.

"Now Stiles I know you remember something. You are going it tell me exactly what it was. Then maybe you won't be punished." Okay. I know that was a little harsh, but come on. I can't have him betraying me.

"I remembered a Kanima attack. Jackson was about to kill me but I saved him. That's all I remember. The memory faded there." He looked as if he was about to start crying. How could I be sure if he was telling the truth though? He wouldn't have a reason to betray me. Maybe there is a way he can proceed his loyalty?

"You know what. I need you to do something for me. Go to the McCall house and get Liam's body. He's the next in our pack. If you do. I will consider you loyal to me." He nodded. I think I had proved my Alpha position to him.

Stiles POV

I don't trust him. I definitely don't trust him. He did let me up though. But as soon as I was standing he pushed me to the ground.

Flashback

"I would try." I was standing in the rain. There was another boy standing across from me. We were standing in front of what seemed like an animal clinic. I looked down to my hand and I was holding a bloodied wrench.

"Because your SCOTT MCCALL!! You're the true Alpha. Well guess what not all of us can be true alphas. Some of us have to make mistakes. Some of us have to get our hands a little bloody sometimes. SOME OF US ARE HUMAN!!!" He wasn't believing me. Why wasn't he trusting me. He was trusting Theo over me. Wait Theo. He's the one that sold me out to Scott. He can't be trusted.

The image faded away as I got up from the floor.

"I will bring Liam to you. But do you have anything I can contact you with?" He nodded and threw me a cell phone.

"In the phone are mine, Liam's, Malia's, Kira's and Lydia's numbers. Do not contact anyone but me and Liam right now. The others aren't on our sides yet." I nodded and walked out if the room grabbing my keys on the way out.

Maybe I should call one of the numbers. Yeah I should. I opened the contact list and clicked on the contact of Lydia. For some reason I trusted her a lot.

I was driving in the car as I held it up to my ear. It picked up after two rings.

L - Stiles??

S - Yes. Is this Lydia

L - Yes. This is Lydia. Are you okay

S - I'm fine just wiped of my memories

S - Is there a Jackson there

L - Do you remember him

S - Not really just kidding him after he came out of a Lizard thing

L - Yeah hang on I'll get him

J - STILES!!??!??!!

S - You're Jackson right

J - Yeah

S - I remember kissing you. Are we together

J - Yeah we are. 3 years now

S - Look I have to take Liam. I know he died

J - Why

S - Theo said he's in his pack and you guys took him

J - No we didn't he was in our pack. As were you. Scott's our Alpha

S - I don't trust Scott

J - What!! Why?

S - Look I'm not going to take Liam unless you're okay with it but I need to come and talk to you guys so can you please come get me. I'm outside the sheriff's station.

J - Yeah I'll come get you

Call end

I don't think that he trusts me. I don't know why. But I really trust him. Apparently he's my boyfriend. I didn't even know I was gay. I waited in my car for about 10 minutes before I saw a Porsche drive up. I don't know how I knew but I just knew it was Jackson.

He stepped out of the car the same time as I did.

"Here. This is the serum to bring him back. Theo gave it to me. He won't remember you but I can't let Theo get him." I held out the syringe to him. He looked at it shocked.

"Look I know you don't trust me I just." I was cut off by a pair of lips against my own. It took me a minute, but eventually I kissed back.

Flashback

"Look. Lydia I have to make this. What if something happens and I get infected? This is what I have to do." I sighed as I hid a letter in the floorboard of Scott's room. I had an identical letter at my house just to be safe. I took the black box and opened it. Inside were two silver engagement bands.

"If something happens to me you have to promise me you'll give this to him. If I live through this then I will do it myself, but you have to promise me Lydia. Promise me." She nodded. I let a couple tears fall down my face as I placed the box in the hole and closed it up.

I pulled away and smiled.

"I haven't done that in a while." I said with a small chuckle. Then it hit me. Did he get it.

"The letter. The box. Did you get them?" I was asking these questions frantically.

"Yes Stiles I got them."
"Good." I let out a breath of relief. He smiled as he pulled out the black box.

"You never did get yours." He said as he slid the other ring onto my ring finger.

"Oh my gosh." I can't believe what I just did.

"I betrayed Theo. I let you keep Liam and I gave you the serum. He's going to kill me." I was breathing heavily and could tell I was going to go full on panic attack if I didn't slow my breathing. I managed to slow it down.

"Stiles why don't you just come with us? Theo can't get to you from there." I stood there shocked at what he had just said to me.

"You really want me there. Scott hates me." Apparently now it was his turn to be shocked.

"Scott doesn't hate you. Why would you think he hated you?"

"I saw this memory. We were in the rain.."

"Oh. That was last year Stiles. It was literally all a misunderstanding. He is still your best friend. But please come stay with us. I don't know how I could let you go back to him when he clearly is abusive." I nodded about read to cry. Then I did cry. He grabbed me and held me in his arms.

"Come on let's go. We have to leave your Jeep though."

"No you hear me. Will never abandon this Jeep. Ever." He laughed and hugged me tighter.

"Fine you can drive, but you have to follow me." I nodded and kissed him lightly before running back to my Jeep.

Did I make the right choice betraying Theo? Or did I just put my apparent friends in danger?