Secret addiction is out Pt.1

( Third person POV)
TW: Drugs and suicide attempt.

Montgomery De La Cruz has never had an easy life. He always had someone controlling him to be loyal to him. First it was his father and once he got to middle school it was Bryce Walker. Bryce Walker was the one who introduced him into football and baseball. He told Monty that it was a way to let out his anger.

Once they hit high school Monty met Justin Foley. Bryce always had a hold on Monty and soon Monty started to realize he was gay and started doing drugs.

He started like any other teen with weed. Soon he needed something stronger so at Bryce's party he did heroine for the first time and that was the first time someone saw how broken Monty was.

----------

It was sophomore year and Monty was on the baseball team. Bryce was captain of course. They had just won a game and everyone was happy, especially Monty. It was the first thing he ever won in his life. Everyone had been invited back to Bryce's to celebrate the win. Monty was excited because his best friend besides Bryce was coming. Jeff Atkins.

Once everyone changed and most got Bryce to drive but since Monty had his license he went to his jeep and drove. He allowed some of the guys to ride with him. Only Jeff and Zach Dempsey said yes. Monty turned up the radio as ' It's my life ' came on. Monty loved music. The three boys sang at the top of their lungs.

Monty glanced at Jeff who was smiling and laughing which made Monty's heart race.

" It's my life, It's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever" Jeff sang and Monty laughed along.

Once they arrived at the party they went in after Monty parked and turned the car off. They went in heading for the kitchen getting praise along the way about the game. Once Monty got his drink he went to the basement to play drinking games.

He looked around and saw beer pong, Truth or Dare, spin the bottle, strip poker, and teens doing drugs in the corner. He went to play spin the bottle and ended up kissing multiple girls and maybe Justin Foley. Just maybe.

Soon Monty left the game to get a new drink and was pulled in the drug corner. He agreed to smoke weed. However once Monty was high enough someone was tying something on his arm.

" What the fuck are you doing?" he questioned. he opened his eyes seeing a blonde girl he had kissed earlier.

" Don't worry, it'll make you feel really good" She said and put the needle in his arm and letting the drug enter his body. Monty closed his eyes feeling all the pain and his emotions go away.

--------

After that party Monty didn't stop. He'd sell drugs for his father and steal enough money to buy himself a supply. Soon after he found out that Jeff Atkins had died and tried to OD but was found by Scott Reed. He told Scott it was a one time thing. Soon later Hannah Baker took her life and it freaked him out.

Soon he finds out Justin Foley is addicted to heroine and starts stealing from Justin. He made sure to make sure no one found out it was him. One day he wasn't so lucky.

It was after Bryce Walker, his best friend and brother was murdered. he waited until all the guys were out of the locker room after practice. he showered and changed into his jeans and jersey. He was broken by Bryce's death and couldn't live without him or Jeff. He stole Justin's supply and wrote a note. He went next to Bryce's locker and overdosed.

Justin came back and had Clay with him. He told Clay he forgotten his textbook. When they walked in it looked normal except Monty's gym bag was still there.

" Monty?" Justin called out to the quiet locker room and walked closer to the locker. He turned around and saw Monty.

" Oh my god...Clay call the cops. NOW!" he screamed and shook Monty trying to get him awake. He pushes Monty onto his side after taking the needle out of his arm.

" You'll thank me later" he whispered and pulled Monty's limp body to the showers and made the older boy throw up.

Clay had called the ambulance and saw folded papers on the ground. He unfolded them seeing Monty had written a suicide note because he didn't plan on coming back.

For the first time in Clay's life he felt bad for Montgomery De La Cruz.

Find out what happens and to see if Monty survives and to see what he wrote in the note, in pt.2

xoxo Monty