Secret Addiction is out Pt.2

TW: addiction, talk of suicide, talk of abuse

After being rushed to the hospital Clay and Justin sat in the waiting room. Clay still had Monty's suicide note in his hand. He had read it a hundred times and couldn't believe Monty would do this. Monty seemed like he wasn't vulnerable because he was never able to show it. He didn't get it. Mr. De La Cruz always seemed nice when he was at school at least he used too. Had he changed that much?

Clay looked up from reading the note again and looked at the drawing then at Justin who was on the phone with their parents. They were told to stay here and wait. Justin walked over as Zach walked in the hospital. Clay had texted him since Monty's note said something about only Zach knew.

" What the fuck happened and why the fuck are you back on heroin?" he said looking at Justin.

" I have only relapsed once and I didn't know some were missing. I'm doing out patient rehab now." Justin said to Zach.

Zach looked from Justin down to Clay and the piece of paper.

" Did...Is that his..." Zach tried to say and both boys nod.

He couldn't believe it. First Hannah then Alex and now Montgomery. He immediately texted the inner circle of the football team and their friends.

Inner Circle:

Zachy: SOS MONTY IS IN THE HOSPITAL

KingD: Why????

Cookies🍪: What happened? What room is he in? Did his father do something?

Holiday: What room?  

Zachy:  ICU room 32. He hasn't woke up yet and the doctor hasn't come to talk to us yet about anything. 

Scotty:  Did he OD again?  Why didn't he call us? He was supposed too call us when he feels down or like this. 

KingD: Wait....again? What the fuck do you mean again?

Zachy: Doctors coming, come and I'll fill you guys in. I have to go. 

Zach put his phone in his pocket as the doctor walked up. He was a young doctor and didn't look happy. 

" Family for Montgomery De La Cruz? " He said and all three boys stepped up as Scott Reed and Diego walked up. 

" I'm sorry but I can only disclose Montgomery's condition with immediate family. " He said and Clay looked up. 

" Look, Monty doesn't have anyone but us. His father is an abusive asshole and his mother died when Monty was little. We're all he has...so please tell us" Scott said and a single tear ran down his and Zach's cheek. 

" Very well...Montgomery has woken up and his stable but do to the amount he injected into his bloodstream he has experienced memory loss and trouble moving. We have tested him for HIV and the results are negative. He won't answer any of our questions about the bruises or why he did this. He is on 72 hour suicide watch and we took care of the wound on his stomach." The doctor said. 

" Wait...There wasn't a wound on his stom...the ace bandage" Justin said. 

" Yes, he had an ace bandage wrapped tightly around his stomach. We discovered hundred of old scars. We couldn't tell if they were self inflicted or not. " The doctor said. 

" Can we see him?" Scott asked just as the others arrived. 

" Yes but no stress and try to get him talking. " He said and all the boys nod. 

The boys walked in the room and saw Monty staring out the window.  The boy they knew last week didn't look like the one that was currently laying in the hospital bed. He looked broken and his arms were restrained down by his side so he couldn't hurt himself.