The Big Day

TWs: self harm, heroin mention, rape mention, panic attack

{No PoV, 3rd person}

Monty always denied he was gay, because he wasn't. At least, not to everyone around him.

Frankly, when the Jenson's and Justin adopted him in as well, they knew pretty much straight away.

By the way he would always mention not being gay after saying he watched a few episodes of The Vampire Diaries to Justin, or by the way he would always get uncomfortable when someone would ask about relationships.

Mrs. Jenson knew he was a messed up kid when she took him in, and she was willing to help him break his walls down and open up.

Jessica Davis didn't expect Monty to stand up at her apology assembly, hands trembling and trying to look as strong as possible before choking out a:

"My names Montgomery de la Cruz, and I'm a survivor,"

No one did.

So when he went back home that night, Justin had asked if he could hug him- Monty had said yes.

How much he regretted that decision.

Memories of the multiple nights of his ex boyfriend doing things he clearly said no to came flying back to him, and he pushed Justin off of him.

Mrs. Jenson was quick to make her way over to the hyperventilating teen and ask him what was wrong.

She didn't expect him to blurt out Bryce Walker was his ex-boyfriend and was his assaulter.

She definitely didn't expect to see cuts on his wrists.

Neither did Justin. Or Clay. Or Mr. Jenson.

But, the last two names didn't deserve to know what happened to the 16 year old yet- not until they had proven their loyalty.

Once Monty had realised what Mrs. Jenson was staring at, it only made him cry more, pulling his knees to his chest and clawing at his skin.

Justin was quick to notice this.

the 17 year old pulled his hands away from his arms, giving the younger boy one of his gold chains to fiddle with, sitting next to him and turning the TV on.

"The Vampire Diaries or Riverdale?" Justin asked the boy slowly leaning further into him, smiling at him when he mumbled out a small 'Riverdale'.

Justin asked what episode Monty was on, laughing when he said that he had already seen it all, he just wanted to watch the Jughead scenes.

Monty fell asleep pretty quickly.

He felt safe in Justin's arms knowing that the same thing had happened to him. He felt safe with his big brother.

-

The next day at Liberty High everyone was talking about Monty.

Talking about who could've done it and weather they thought it was a girl or guy.

This time, he hated being the centre of attention. He really, really hated it.

He cut again that day- all up both of his arms, some short and shallow, some long and deep enough to take twenty minutes to stop bleeding.

He was thankful for the hundreds of flannels he owned.

Justin and Zack immediately questioned him about the time he took in there, and he didn't dare say anything in fear his voice would break or waver.

They couldn't find out he had a blade on him- his only blade.

Zack had found him cutting after a beating from his dad three years ago, and after that he had never stopped checking his younger friends wrists. Monty didn't understand why he was so worried- it's not like he was causing too much damage to himself, but that's only what he thought.

Zach would never stop checking.

The 18 year old knew what this behaviour meant. He knew exactly what the eye averting, trembling lip and pooling tears meant.

Monty had cut again.

Zack asked the boy if he could see his arms, and was shocked to get a small nod out of him- Monty had said in private though, not in front of the whole school.

Justin decided their house- Clay wasn't about to skip any time soon, and if Mr. and Mrs. Jenson were home they could explain the situation to them, or Mrs. Jenson at least.

-

Upon arriving and settling down in Clay and Justin's room, Zack had asked Monty to see his arms again, and the youngest was starting to regret every saying yes. Really regretting.

But, much to his own inner protests, he slowly took off his blue and red flannel off, holding his arms out in front of him, resting on his legs.

"Monty... Why?" Justin whispered out, coming to sit next to his younger brother.

"Why do you do heroin?" Monty had whispered back, and in that moment, the both of the boys realised how much pain Monty was in- by the cuts and scars on his arms. By the lost look in his eyes. And by the emotionless tone to his voice.

They vowed to always protect him and make sure he had some hope- even if that meant bothering him sometimes.

-

-XOXOLUCIFER

(FROM MY BOOK)