Not Skinny Enough

⚠️TW⚠️- anorexia, counting calories, body dysmorphia,

A/N- in this, monty's dad's an actual good dad. monty's mum isnt in the picture. bryce is good. clay's an asshole and triggers monty purposly.
i'll also be calling monty's dad mark in this.

{No Pov, 3rd person}

Monty wasn't sure when he started thinking he was too fat. He wasn't sure when the food started to become a problem or when the calories started jumping out at him.

He wasn't sure when he started to count them, but he was sure when he figured out he was anorexic. It was 10 months ago.

He didn't see a difference in how he looked. If anything, he felt fatter, bigger, uglier.

It was two months after finding out what was wrong with him that someone told him he looked good, that he'd lost a few pounds.

He'd felt good, handsome. He felt amazing- his hard work was paying off, the not eating for days at a time, and when he did he he had to chew every bite 36 times, it had to be under 1000 calories, and he could only drink 1 cup of squash a week. If it was any more than that, he'd cut it off of the next meal's calories, or the next weeks drink.

10 months in and his habits were beginning to attract attention for the wrong reasons. He looked stick thin, cheeks caving in, collar bones sticking out, every rib showing.

Mark knew that his son was deadly thin. He knew that he wasn't eating, and he was going to put an end to it, take him to a hospital and get him help, change his mindset. He wasn't sure what his son saw in the mirror but he was certain it wasn't what he did.

During fourth period, Monty was feeling more and more dizzy by the second. His stomach was clenching in pain, and he had just over 20 minutes left.

He saw Bryce look at him, saw his lips moving, but could only hear the ringing in his ears. The floor began to sway, stars forming behind his eyes.

The next thing he knew, he was falling out of his chair and towards the cold, dirty floor.

Bryce saw him swaying, saw him hit the floor, but he couldn't move. He saw Justin and Zach rush over to his best friend, but all he could do was sit there. That was until Zach was yelling at him to call an ambulance.

He whipped out his phone, dialling 911.

After speaking with the operator, he got down next to Justin, running his hands through Monty's thin, brittle hair.

Zach put his hand on Monty's chest, just to check he was breathing, and was shocked that he could feel every rib.

"Jus', Bryce, feel his chest..."

The other two put their hands near Zach's, and Bryce couldn't help but let out a choked sob.

Jessica sat next to the crying boy and pulled his hand away, pulling him into a hug.

Nobody had heard him cry that loud.

Clay sighed and went onto his phone, texting Alex.

Clay- montys really looking for attention, he just faked fainting. everyones bying it lmaoo

alex- dude what the fuck? he has a fucking eating disorder. he literally is starving himself and thats all you can say?

Clay- why tho? he has a fine life. his dads nice and he has friends, why does he need to be such a attention seeker?

alex- fucking hell, clay. he has a mental illness. i had an eating disorder. i had fucking bulimia. im guessing he has anorexia, judging by the calorie counting. hes fucking mentally ill and ur being a prick.
alex- fuck u. dont talk to me again