VII

as Schlatt walked back into the house he wiped his hands free from any extra dirt that lingered from the job he just finished doing. the body was hidden alongside the rest of them. a pile was deep underground slowly decomposing. he grinned and set his weapons down on the table, going to his office and sitting down. everyone was in their rooms, sitting around and relaxing from the job they did. Carson was the most shaken up. he let out a shaky sigh as he remembered the blast. something about it made him.. shiver and feel odd. he rubbed his eyes and laid down, closing his eyes as he let the world around him engulf him. a light sleep washed over him until the sound of glass breaking awoke the whole house. panic started to rise as everyone jumped out of their bed until they heard their boss yell out. Carson flew up from his bed, going over to his closet and pulling out another pistol. by the time he had gotten out of his room, the others were already out with their weapons snooping around. Schlatt had one of the two men from earlier pinned up onto the wall with a knife held to their throat. the other had grabbed a knife off the table and was running after Schlatt. Noah came running and tackled him to the ground making the knife fly out of it's hand. a kick was thrown to Schlatts stomach sending him back as Travis started to fire. arrows only missing him by a second. how were they so good at dodging? Noah threw the one on the ground to the side, making Carson fire a shot to his leg. Cooper was snooping around the house yelling commands.

"Noah, help Schlatt out! Ted and Charlie help Carson take down the one on the floor! Travis clear the area!!" Cooper yelled, hiding and snooping around. he was the eye after all. gun shots were heard as the one laying on the ground became a bullet range. Noah was quick to jump on the one attacking Schlatt. the dude he was after may be big but GOD was he strong. he threw Noah off and got up, going after the man of business. as Travis held an arrow perfectly aligned with the attackers head, a knife was thrown. silence filled the room as a choke was heard.

a knife now sat deep inside Schlatts stomach, the handle poking out from his button up shirt. blood started to stain the shirt. Charlie was quick to run to Schlatts side as Travis released the arrow, the attacker falling to the ground. Schlatt cried out in pain as Charlie grabbed him and held him close.

"hey hey... ONE OF YOU FUCKERS HELP!" Charlie yelled at the rest of them, Ted rushing over with the most knowledge about first aid. Cooper started to clean up the dying bodies. Schlatt started to cough, shifting one bit and letting out a cry of pain. his horns were sticking out, deep brown and blood splattered from past bullets fired. Ted sat down and was quick to inspect it.

"someone get me some bandages!" Ted yelled. Charlie held their boss tight, trying to keep him calm the most he could. heavy breathing was filling the area as screams filled in the missing parts. Carson was quick to bring over their first aid kit. Ted carefully unbuttoned Schlatt's shirt to get a better look at the wound, slowly but carefully removing the knife with a pad ready in his other hand. Schlatt screamed in pain, tears rolling down his red face. as the knife was pulled out in a quick pull, Ted immediately put pressure onto the knife wound, pressing down with a thick cloth. at this point Schlatt was losing consciousness as he leaned against Charlie in pain. Charlie kept him still, slapping him gently on the cheek to keep him awake.

"it's okay.. it's okay it'll be okay." Charlie repeated as Ted slowly worked on Schlatt. the cloth was held there for a good little bit until he slowly started to remove it. Ted slowly took a needle and a thread, doing a very diy work of stitches. Schlatt had passed out at the pain as he felt the needle enter and leave his skin. Charlie kept him stable in his arms, looking at Ted with worried eyes. as the wound slowly closed up, Ted put a thick cloth over it and wrapped Schlatt's body with bandages. Ted nodded as to let Charlie know he can bring him to his room. Charlie gently picked him up and carried him to the master bedroom where Schlatts bed was. he was laid down carefully and left to rest.

Schlatt had started to call out from his room a few hours later, Charlie being the only one awake. slowly getting up, he went into Schlatts room and went to his bed. Schlatt looked up at him with painful eyes as he slowly sat up and let out a quiet cry. Charlie rushed over and helped him.

"hey.. hey it's okay.." Charlie whispered. Schlatt nodded slowly, drained of all his energy. Charlie gently picked him up and went over to his bathroom. "here, i'll help you bathe... you can get undressed and put bubbles in it so i don't see everything." Charlie said with a chuckle and left the bathroom for him to get in. Schlatt weakly started a warm bath, stripping himself and sinking into the foamy water. he called Charlie back in with a weak cry. Charlie came in immediately, sitting down behind the tub and gently wiping away at the dried blood on his body.

"it'll be okay."

writers note, this ending is not supposed to be a ship at all, just wholesome friends and some ideas i pulled from shows.