XIII

the house was silent. Schlatt laid on the couch, arm over his eyes, taking in deep breaths. he was stressed. Ted, Charlie and Travis sat at the dining table nearby the couch. the air felt heavy. it felt so.. upset, stressful and lonely. the house felt quiet even though there were only four left. who was going to go next? Schlatt doesn't even have a clue on who this entity taking his comrades is. it felt stressful as a leader. he needed to know before one was left, or all of them were taken. they are the Lunch Club for fuck sakes. but all Schlatt could do was lay there pathetically. Travis glanced over at him before resting his head on the table. Charlie and Ted were talking with each other quietly. everyone hated this. weapons rested beside them just in case someone were to come in. hell what if someone comes in and takes someone when the other isn't looking i mean.. that's what's been happening.

"this is getting out of hand. whenever another attack happens, we need to stick by each other. like Schlatt with Travis, me and you together... to watch out and see if someone takes the other. all we know is that someone is taking the others. it could, quite realistically, be one of us." Charlie explained to Ted. the older male could only sit and listen. he glanced over at Travis, then Schlatt. he nodded slowly. "what if i go with Schlatt, you stick with Travis." Ted suggested. Charlie nodded. but it wasn't long until their own words backfired on them. the sound of glass breaking alarmed them all. Schlatt most certainly jumped to his weak feet. that's when he grabbed his knife and slowly stood in front of the table. he was trying to protect them. looking around the area, Schlatt tried to spot movement.

the sound of footsteps came from the hallway. Ted and Charlie were rather quick to grab their guns. Travis sat there. he felt numb. he could only watch as a figure walked out into their sight. Schlatt stared. "who the FUCK are you?" he screamed, some anger building up already. small little stubs of horns poked out of his brown fluffy hair. it was starting. the stranger could only put up his hands and grin. "stalking you, finding out about you." he spoke. Schlatt could only stare and try to keep himself still. but hearing the voice made him charge. as Schlatt ran, his horns started to grow, curling and poking his cheeks as he grinned. a sudden drop kick to the man's chest caused the two to fall but the other party getting the worse of it. "TED, CHARLIE, TRAVIS, READY YOUR WEAPONS!" Schlatt screamed a command. the three then rushed to ready themselves as Schlatt stood near the body. the knife in his hand was gripped so tight the bruised knuckles of his were turning white. Schlatt could only chuckle. a daze was falling over him. he's never felt so alive.

"you must think you're so cool...~" Schlatt dragged out. he wanted to torture this soul. that's when Schlatt kneeled down beside him and kneeled on his wrist. that's when he gestured to the other three to come over. Schlatt's knife started to run over the males face. a crazed grin never left his face. "listening to us... following us... what do you want out of this?" Schlatt questioned. he was getting rather too close. the man was just gasping for breath at this point. "huh.. you're rather quiet.." the other said. that's when he glanced up at Ted, Charlie and Travis. "split up and try to find more people in this house." he demanded. then his attention looked back down at the man. slowly leaning over him, Schlatt's torn, bloodied and dirty suit dangled into his sight. the horns that poked his cheeks had blood running down them. blood was running down Schlatt's neck and face, seemingly coming from where these horns grow from. he was too far gone into this daze to save him properly.

the knife kept grazing over the man's skin. Schlatt loved as he could see the peach fuzz hair slowly shaved off by the dirty blade. it made him grin. but that grin quickly faded as he noticed the other struggling to get up. "no you don't!" Schlatt yelled, an elbow coming straight for the man's face. a grunt was heard and Schlatt kneeled back onto his knees. a chuckle came from him. "that's what you get bitch!" he screamed. slowly, his comrades started to appear again. all three came and watched the boss and the male. "anyone?" Schlatt questioned. the three nodded no. but as they were all focused on someone else, Schlatt noticed a man coming from behind Ted. but the daze he was in didn't cause him to say anything. in reality, Schlatt watched his friend get dragged away. everyone else seemed frozen. his tired eyes looked around at Travis and Charlie. his eyes stared at Charlie. the daze stayed. but someone appeared behind him too. taking him away... slowly Schlatt fell to the ground.

the sound of screams filled the air. the feeling of warm blood being splattered onto him made his eyes open. his own blood ran down his face. slowly, Schlatt's tired and blurry gaze looked around. he noticed Travis, shaking and crying, covered in someone else's blood. he killed the man Schlatt passed out trying to watch suffer. but... it was only Travis. that's when the boy realized Schlatt was awake. "Schlatt! Charlie and Ted! They're- they're...- SCHLATT!" Travis tried screaming. the poor boy was having a bit of a panic attack. how hadn't he realized?! the sound of a loud sob filled the air before Schlatt could only close his eyes once again. everything felt like hell. his body hurt. his head was pounding. he felt hungover.