XI

this was bad, was all Schlatt could think. the small pit of fear thinking there's someone out there, taking his friends made his blood boil. he hated it. Carson was gone, who's next? Travis? Noah? Cooper? Schlatt shook his head and sunk into his chair. why did something feel terribly wrong? as a small knock was heard at his office door, Schlatt looked over and spoke quietly, "come in." his eyes widened seeing Noah, usually the calmest, in a panic. "what the fuck happened?" Schlatt suddenly questioned. this wasn't right. none of this was. all Noah could do was pass a small note to Schlatt before leaning against the wall. Schlatt glanced at Noah, then down at the note. his now somewhat shaky hands gently moved to unfold it. his eyes widened.

the note had stated they took Cooper. Schlatt felt his heart sink as he read it. pure horror ran through his mind, before a wave of anger came through. this ... this can't be happening was all Schlatt could think. it felt like a terrible fever dream. the look on the bosses face faded and he clsoed his eyes. he felt... faint. Noah could only watch. a blank look on his face was only hiding his fear. thats two off of their seven person team. it was scary. "we .. we need to call a meeting shortly..." Schlatt stared. he held his pounding head. "gather everyone.. i'll be out soon." and that's when he waved off Noah. Schlatt's light brown horns were starting to poke out. with a rather quick nod, Noah went off. the sound of the door closing echoed through the room as Schlatt let out a sigh.

"guys come on! meetings! chop fucking chop!" Noah started to call out. walking down the hallway containing all their rooms, he clapped and knocked on doors. he could care less what everyone was doing. this was serious. grunts came from some rooms as doors flung open. one by one, Ted, Carson, Charlie and Travis walked out and into their mess of a dining room. dried blood and grim covered the wooden surface. they rarely ate nor cleaned at that. the sound of chairs squeaking and shifting was heard as all five members sat down. chatter was starting up in the group. "Carson's been gone for a while ... i couldn't find Cooper ... what's happening?" it started to turn Noah's stomach. that's when his eyes turned to Travis. the poor dude looked up to Cooper as an older brother... but suddenly the chatter went quiet.

the sound of heavy, chunky boots hitting the tile floor slowly emerged from Schlatt's office. his head was slow, fluffy brown hair covering his terrified face. his curled horns were poking out and touching his cheeks as they curled in. anger boiled inside of him but it was something he wouldn't show. reaching the table, Schlatt couldn't help but to face his comrades. his terrified eyes met the looks of everyone else. that's when he started talking. "i'm sure you have all heard the disappearance of carson... and... though it is heartbreaking as itself...." he trailed off. his eyes darted over to Travis. "cooper recently, as of today, turned up missing." Schlatt said. taking in a deep breath, he heard the noise of a chair moving and someone standing up. it was Travis. fear was in his eyes as his cheeks started to rise in colour, tears pinching his eyes. "no... no this is some mistake!" the boy called out. Schlatt only looked down. the group fell quiet.

everything seemed to crash. freeze, if you will. Travis felt as if everyone around him had disappeared. "Coopie- he's- he's-" he started to stutter. anger rose on his rosey face as tears started to pile up in his shiny eyes. that's when a tiny sob left him. "he's not gone this has to be a mistake! maybe he's coming back we- we-" but that's when Travis felt a hand on his shoulder. Ted had placed his gentle touch onto him. "Travis... please..." the male whispered. Travis could only stare down to Ted in horror. why was everyone so calm? turning back to Schlatt, Travis could see the hurt and fear in his eyes. no ... no ... NO!