11

*Flashback*

'Aaaaaahhh, babe' Laura screamed, squeezing her husbands fingers tighter. 'Holy mother of shitzus'. Laura panted heavily, exhaustion creeping up on her as she pushed with all her might.

'Okay, just push a little bit harder for me, Miss. rice' the nurse spoke softly trying to calm down the lady giving birth.

'Holy shit. Oh my goodness gracious.' Laura screeched at the top of her lungs, her head growing dizzy, as bluebirds circled the crown of her head.

'Come on babe, just one more push. You're nearly there. You've done this before, come on' Brad encouraged her, toying with her hair.

'Easy for you to say. You're not pushing a human out of your, you know what' Laura snapped.

'Push. Push. Come on Miss. rice. We need to get the baby out!' The nurse proclaimed, her hands sweating.

'I can't do it. This is too much. I can't' Laura cried, her legs trembling with pain and exhaustion.

'Nearly there babe. Don't give up. You can do it. I know you can, love'  Brad comforted.

'Babe. Ahh. I can't. Oh my goodness. Ahhh.' Laura panted, giving up, before her head collapsed onto the hospital bed.

'Quick, give her the oxygen mask. Hurry. There's only a limited time' the nurses panicked, running around the room. 'Sir, we'll need you to leave' the kind nurse exclaimed pushing Brad out the door, leaving him worried and frightened for the life of his wife and his baby.

'Quick run the oxygen' the doctor shouted, entering the room, clad in a gown, mask and rubber gloves. ' we need to get the baby out. Hurry.' 

The nurses and doctor all crowded around the pregnant lady as they pushed out the baby, head first.

'She's coming.' Doctor exclaimed, laying a dry cloth onto the bed. 'One more push'. And out she came, glistened in blood, as she wailed at the loss of water and contact of the light. 

'Three of you, got get the baby cleaned up, the rest stay here. We need to wake Miss. Rice up' The doctor explained, inserting injections, and changing the position of the bed. 'Quick, heart monitor, now'. The nurses scurried as they attached Laura to the heart monitor, waiting nervously as they waited for the heart rate to pick up.

Beeeeeep..... it rang as the nurses  and doctor bowed their head in sorrow. It was a very rare sight, but woman can due during pregnancy especially if they have underlying health problems.

'Run the tests. Find the problem' Doctor rambled, removing the mask from his face, guilt eating him up as he faulted himsalf for the death of a patient.

28 mins later

'Doc,  she had low blood pressure and a lack of oxygen in the brain causing her to faint during labour. However, it was found that she had been having strokes during pregnancy and severe bleeding.' The nurse elucidated, handing him the information pack. The doctor stared at it for awhile, before calling the nurse with a baby in and her father.

'My baby' Brad cried holding the baby protectively in his arms. 'You're okay. You're okay' he cried with tears of happiness. 'I knew she could do it' he exclaimed awakening the baby from her slumber.

'Sir, your wife.' Doctor began.

'Where is she? Has she seen her? She'd be thrilled' Brad rambled, completely oblivious to the tension arising between the medical workers.

'She's gone' Doctor finished.

'What? What do you mean she's gone?' His happiness short lived. 'She's not gone. My love, she's not gone. She can't be gone. No' Brad cried, his hands shaking as he nearly dropped the baby,  if it weren't for the nurse and her quick reflexes.

'She's not gone. My love is not gone. She's not.' Brad cried furiously, as he fisted the collar of the doctor's coat. 

'I'm sorry, sir. We did all we could. She had been having strokes and severe beleding which we were very unaware about' the doctor explained, pulling Brad's hands of him.

'No. She's gone. Why?' He cried loudly, as he slid down against the wall.

'I'm sorry sir' the doctor apologized once again, as he discretely wiped away a tear that had slid down his cheek.

'When can I see her? I need to see her? Where is she? This can't be true' The crying man asked as he pointed fingers at each nurse.

'She's being cleaned up.' The doctor whispered.

'No. No. No' he cried, his eyes bloodshot red, as his tears fell freely down his cheeks down to the tip of his chin.

'Sir, your baby.' The nurse muttered, laying a tiny, body wrapped in a warm blanket into his lap.

'Mama would be so proud' he cried, his tears dripping onto the baby's head. 'She'd love you so much, Kaycee' he whispered bringing the baby up to his face, and planting a kiss onto her forehead. 

*Flashback ends*

<Kaycee POV>

Tears tricked slowly down my cheeks as they made their way down to Sean's hoodie. 

'Shh. You're okay, Kayc' he whispered, pulling me away from his shoulder. 'You'll be okay' he whispered connecting our foreheads together.

'I-I-uh-ma-I' I spoke quietly trying to muster out anything, just anything. 

'You're trying, I know you are... You're amazing, Kayc. Don't ever forget that' he whispered, rubbing soft circles over my tear-stained cheeks. 

'Kaycee, it's time to go back home' Chloe shouted from the hallway, frightening us a bit. 'Unless you want to stay here with your boyfriend- I mean friend' Chloe joked, finding her joke the funniest thing in the world. 'Come on K. I'm sleepy' she whined, and I could hear her feet stomping playfully on the floor.

'She's coming' Sean replied, looking at the door briefly before looking back at me.

He stared at me for awhile, his dark orbs comforting me in a way, I didn't even know existed. He smiled for a second, his dimples making an appearance before he brushed back the pieces of hair that had stuck all over my cheeks. He looked into my eye once more before pressing a lingering kiss onto my cheek.

'You're my dancing sweetheart, never forget that' he whispered.

AN| SO POSSIBLY THE SHORTEST CHAPTER IN THIS BOOK- 992 WORDS. HOW'D YOU GUYS LIKE IT?

THIS IS STILL DAY 3 OF S&K HANGOUT BTW. 

 (ps. I'm no medical worker, in fact I basically know zilch about that subject, so I'm sorry for any errors or unbelievable information I wrote. I did do a teeny bit of research but I could only gather so much) ( Another ps. I know this isn't where I should be posting 'Got it'  info or anything, but I thought more people would see it here rather than in announcements. So thank y'all for 17k+ on 'Got it'. It's literally been getting more reads than ever. And it's #1 in seaycee. So thank you guys 🙏🙏)

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX