12

Day 4

<Kaycee POV>

'Kaycee, I'm so excited' Chloe squealed, jumping up and down, as her necklace shook at the movement. I rolled my eyes at her giddiness, continuing to pack my bag. 'We're doing a cake tasting activity. You can't tell me that you're not excited, K' Chloe babbled. 

I shook my head lightly at her, amused at her excitement over cake. If only I was this excited about life.

'Come on K. Hurry up. I don't want to be late' Chloe exclaimed straightening her dress with the palm of her hands. I groaned loudly as I looked at myself in the mirror. I can't belive I let Chloe dress me up. 

'You look beautiful K, so stop it, or else yo'll-um... you'll have to...' she began threateningly. I rose an eyebrow quizzically at her, awaiting for her to finish her sentence. 'Then I'll make you tell me what happened between you and Sean last night. And don't say it was nothing, because you came out crying.' Chloe finished making me gasp.

'Mhm, that's right. Yeah...ah uh.' Chloe murmured, pumping her fist in the air in victory. I let out a sigh, waving my hand, signaling her that I'll stop winging.

'Yay. Ah uh. I just won' Chloe bragged jokingly. 'But on a serious note, let's get out of here. I want to eat some cake' Chloe whined her previous chirpy persona changing into a whiny five year old.

 I placed my bag on my back, adjusting the straps before walking out while I waited for Chloe to lock the door.

'What kind of cakes do you think there'll be. Mmm. Maybe red velvet, or black forests, or chocolate fudge, or cookies and cream, or lemon cake... the list is never ending' Chloe sighed dreamily, probably picturing the various amount of cakes in her head. 

I chuckled at her, walking a teeny bit ahead so that she didn't take a wrong turn. 'Or maybe there'll be cheesecakes, or marble cakes, carrot cakes, banana cakes or maybe just the classic vanilla sponge.' Chloe said to nobody in particular. 'Ooh. What if it's decorated with creamy chocolate buttercream or fondue. Mmm. That'd taste delicious' Chloe continued, licking her lips in the process.

.

'They're they are' Chloe screamed running up to Julian as she led him straight inside the shop without a greeting.

'Hey Kayc' Sean spoke, opening his arms for what I guessed is a hug. I contemplated for a bit, but my thoughts got interrupted when I felt his arms hold my elbows and bring me into his chest. 'You know you wanted to' he teased resting a hand on top of my head. I giggled lightly as I caught sight of Chloe gawking at the several different flavors of cake through the glass window.

'Let's go, yeah?' He asked pulling away causing me to unconsciously pout.' You can have more hugs later, Kayc' he winked, leading me inside the store. Oh God. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I kept a fair distance from Sean until my face returned to its normal complexion.

'Which one do you wanna try first? Maybe the red velvet. It seems like it connects to you on skin tone' he chuckled making a joke of my previous rose tinted cheeks. I slapped his arm playfully, ignoring his comment as I made my way in front of the cake. 

'Looks good, doesn't it?' Sean spoke softly, standing right behind me. When I say right behind me, I mean right behind me. His chest was pressed against my back. The tip of his shoe touching my heel, while his breath stayed hot on my neck. Ever heard of personal space.

'Hello everyone. Thank you for signing up for For heavens Cake's cake tasting activity today.' The lady whom I presume was the manager here proclaimed. 'Let the cake tasting commence' she ordered happily as everyone moved around, taking a bite of the multiple different flavors of cakes arranged on the tables.