19

2 weeks and 3 days later. October 17th

<Kaycee POV>

'Hey, bubs. How are you?' Sean asked through FaceTime.

'F-fine. M-miss you t-though' I stuttered, balancing my laptop on my lap.

' I miss you, too, angel. But hey, look at the bright side. We're already two weeks in. And in like 4 days it's your birthday, so that's gotta be exciting' Sean chirped, smiling dimples and all.

'I g-guess. How's t-tour going on? I s-saw a v-video of you dancing o-on st-stage, you we-were am-amazing, Shamu' I complimented, trying to forget the fact that I missed him so much.

'Thanks Kayc. And yeah, tours been going good. But it's gonna get better soon' Sean replied cheekily, a glint of mischief hidden terribly in his eyes.

'What do y-you mean?' 

'I cant tell you now, angel. But what I can say is that I'm really excited for this 'surprsie'' 

'Just t-tell me' I whined, bringing the camera lens right up to my face. 'Tell m-me, Shamu. Tell m-me'

'Not with that attitude' he joked, bringing a finger to his lips to tell me to shush. 'Will keeps coming around checking on us to see if we're asleep. He says we're beginning to slack off because of sleep deprivation' he whispered.

'You c-can go to s-sleep if you want to' I whispered gloomily.

'Hell no. I'd way rather stay up and talk to my sweetheart' he responded, smiling ear to ear. My heart filled with so much pride and love at those words. He'd rather talk to me than sleep. Not a lot of people choose their loved ones over sleep.

'A-re you sure, Shamu? I d-don't want to be t-the reason you're not d-dancing your best' I asked, hoping he'd still say no.

'Yup. I'll always choose you. Anyways... what are your birthday wishes slash plans?' 

'Umm.. I don't r-really know. Ch-Chloe said that t-the two of us w-were gonna stay at home and do s-something special, but it's a surprise, so I've no clue. And as f-for my b-birthday w-wish. Hmm.. I guess I j-just wished y-you were here w-with me' I admitted shyly. 'B -but you're doing g-great things and I'm so p-proud of you' I finished so that my preivious sentence wouldn't sound so greedy.

'I wish I could be there too, bubs. But I bet that whatever Chloe has planed will be amazing' he mumbled excitedly, biting his lip to wipe away his smile.

'Yeah, I know. S-she's trying r-really hard w-with a-all the dec-' I started forgetting to whisper.

'Sean! Are you not asleep? I thought we just had a talk about resting your bodies this morning. Turn off your phone and get some sleep. You'll be getting a big one from me if you're slacking tomorrow' I heard someone bellow from the other side of the line. Ah, he must be Will.

'Sorry Will. I'll go to bed right now. Good night' I heard Sean whisper. Good night, Will. Thank you so much for ending our conversation.

'Thank you. Good night, Sean' and I heard the door close following his statement.

'Guess, I'll have to call you tomorrow. Sleep well, bubs' Sean whispered, waving goodbye.

'Bye, Sh-shamu'. I pressed the red button as Sean's line disconnected from mine. It's been incredibly difficult going from a life with Sean fully embed into it to one without him at all. 

I thought it'd be easier, a lot easier. I thought we'd get to call more often, but he's always busy with classes and training. The distance has been creating too much of a gap. I feel so pressurized to make sure that the time we spent together on FaceTime was high quality that I forgot to open up, be there for him, applaud him for the amazing things he's been doing. I even broke down right in front of him-well more like his picture-