□ Scars

Sadistclair strikes back Cinnclair this time with another angst request correlating to squad 312 reacting to your self-harm scars. Usually I don't take requests like this because I don't want to romanticize self-harming, but I felt as if there's a fine line between depicting it and romanticizing it and I wanted to avoid the latter.

I need to warn you there will be sensitive content and a trigger warning for self-harm absolutely applies! If you need to talk to someone professionally, I can link a helpline.

TYLER JONES
○ The problem is, is Tyler would probably buy into whatever you told him.
○ Old scars from a cat you had as a kid? Sure. Scraped your arms up doing a school project? He'll buy it. Because he wants to have full faith and trust in a relationship, he doesn't think you'd lie.
○ If you do tell him though, he won't know what to say. Instead, just expect an embrace.

SCARLETT JONES
○ Even if you lied about how you got them, you best believe Scarlett can see through you.
○ She's gentle about it. She doesn't want to belittle you, or push you to divulge everything.
○ She will, however, kiss them gently as a reminder that she loves all of you. Every scar, every freckle, every feature.

CATHERINE "CAT" BRANNOCK
○ She's angry at first. Not outwardly, but internally she wonders if it's something she's done.
○ After a serious moral re-evaluation though she comes to the conclusion that regardless, it is something serious.
○ She's not great at advice, but she does remind you she's there for you, and that if you ever need to talk, she'll listen.

KALIIS "KAL" IDRABAN GILWRAETH
○ Considering the Warbreed simply rid themselves of anyone considered weak through mental or physical attributes, I imagine Kal wouldn't be very well acquainted with the idea of self-harm or self inflicted pain.
○ He asks a few questions at first. It's a little tedious, truthfully, but he just wants to understand.
○ He traces them gently before pulling you into a hug. He just hopes that you aren't drawn to keep cutting.

FINIAN DE KARRAN DE SEEL
○ He thinks your joking in a kind of "oh, haha I want to die" way at first, so he initially brushes it off.
○ Once he finds out that no, you are serious he feels pretty bad.
○ He starts off by apologizing. He's stuttering a bit and none of his sentences are really that coherent but he might have said something along the lines of being there to listen for you.

ZILA MADRAN
○ Is acquainted with the concept of declining mental health and how that can lead to self-inflicted harm.
○ She treats it as she would treat any mental health subject. As a Science Officer, she has too.
○ She provides sources such as known therapists for you, particularly if you still cut. She's not great with conveying her feelings, but she does make an effort to remind you that you are loved.

AURORA "AURI" JIE-LIN O'MALLEY
○ Auri's a pretty empathetic girl. She probably starts crying when she puts two and two together or you tell her.
○ She gives you a hug that you don't think she's going to let go of.
○ Once she calms down a little, she apologizes profusely. She adds it to her routine to remind you to take any medication needed in relation to your mental health, and to ask how you're going.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Please, please, please. If you're having mental health issues, please talk to a mental health professional. I don't know who needs to hear this but: tomorrow will come. Tomorrow the sun will rise. Tomorrow you will be loved again. Take care of yourselves, ok?