Part 2 - Meet The Ice King

Around the busy parts of new York, stood the famous and biggest company in the country.

'Kings Enterprise'

Close to the tinted windows stood the famous and eligible bachelor. With his hands in his pockets and furrowed brows, was glancing outside from the top floor of the company.

****

Xander King the CEO of king's Enterprise. His name is all over magazines, bill boards, TVS and all.

He is very hardworking and extremely successful and the one thing he values most is work. At the age of 28 he has already accumulated great things. He's like prince charming to all women.

Girls usually throw themselves at him but no one dares to defy him. He is the ruthless, arrogant, cold boss that everyone adore and admire and also fear.

He was staring outside but his mind was elsewhere. He turned around to glare at the person laughing at him. If it was someone else he wouldn't live to tell the story.

"So you think this is funny right" Xander asked frowning at his friend Peter Black.

"No,no, it is absolutely funny. Who would believe, not even in a thousand years to come that the almighty Xander King will be threatened with marriage. Of course this is hilarious" Peter said still laughing.

Xander looked at him with a blank expression and walked away mumbling to himself.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry for laughing. I'm serious now" Peter said trying to feign seriousness.

"You are supposed to be thinking of a solution for me, rather you sit there like a hunted buffalo and laughing like an idiot" Xander yelled at him through his gritted teeth

"I shouldn't have called you in the first place, I didn't even know what I was thinking" Xander said sitting down.

"You called me because I'm the best when it comes to marriage and relationships" Peter said grinning widely.

"No you're not, I should have called the guys. You are just useless" Xander shouted angrily. He was so furious, how could his family do this to him, the more he thought about it the more he gets angry as he flashed back to when it happened.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It was weekend, after going to the gym in the morning he freshens up, ate his breakfast and he went to the study.

He was going through proposals that he thought would benefit his company when he heard the noise from outside.

" Sir, please your attention is needed" came the voice of his personal assistant Jordan Reed.

Xander stopped what he was doing and opened the door.

His PA was covered in cold sweat, his brow furrowed quickly as he asked
"what's going on".

"Boss. Your...your...family"

Jordan was stuttering and he knows how much his boss hated stuttering, he wouldn't do it if the situation wasn't critical

But before he could say anything, he heard his name. He turned around and saw his father staring at him angrily.

"Come to the living room right now"

Mr King said as he walked away.   what's going on and why am I having a bad feeling about this.

He thought to himself as he walked angrily to the living room with Jordan following him quietly like an obedient dog.

******

He got to the living room and saw his whole family, he was so angry and he asked Jordan

" who allowed them to come in?"  Jordan didn't know how to reply.

That he was almost beaten by his boss's father, he didn't have a choice and moreover they are his family, he couldn't possibly lock them out.

So he just stared at his boss almost shedding tears.

"Why are you angry with him, we let ourselves in since you refused to visit the king's mansion".Mr King shouted at Xander

"It's okay dear, stop shouting it won't solve anything" Mrs King said calmly to her husband.

"No. Leave him since he wants to bark like a dog let him go ahead. You couldn't take any good traits from me or your father, all you do is to shout and shout. No wonder Xander acts this way, very stubborn". Grandma King said to his son Mr Charles King.

"Xander" Grandpa King called "sit down , we have something to discuss" he said.

Xander was already irritated looking at all of them, it made him feel sick.

"What the hell!!...I don't care about what you want to discuss but the next time you are coming you should always give me a heads up.You know I hate it when people barge into my privacy. You know what, just say whatever you have to say and go"
X

ander said sitting down nonchalantly. "And please make it snappy, I'm busy" he added.

"What insolence, how dare you talk to your elders in such manner". Mr Charles King said boiling with anger.

"Dad it's okay my ears are beginning to hurt". Phil said tiredly.

"Don't mind him my dear." Grandma said to Phil before facing Mr King

"why are you shouting at Xander, isn't it obvious that he got this bad temper from you".

"It's okay... Xander King" Grandpa called me as I turned to face him.

"When are you getting married?, When will I be able to see and hold my great-grand kids. Do you want your grandma and I to die before you get married, is that your plan?" Grandpa asked looking directly at Xander.

"Yes my son, your grandma is getting is old, we want to hold our great-grand children. I want to see my grand daughter in-law. I have been the laughing stock of all my friends, their grand sons and grand daughters are getting married but mine is different, why Xander. Please we came here to beg you to get married okay". Grandma said pitifully to Xander.

'What's going on, what rubbish am I hearing'. Xander was dumbfounded,

"Wait...what! is this the reason you all came to my house to disturb me. Marriage!..not in your wildest dreams"

Standing up with a straight face he continued. "In the absence of nothing to discuss, I will excuse myself. I'm sure you know your way out".
Xander said standing up to leave.

Please don't forget to vote
and comment

Thanks