Part 12 - It was Successful

Gabriella POV*****

Its been two hours now and we still haven't heard anything from the doctor. Nurses have been coming out of the operation room and going back in but they haven't told us anything.

I was starting to get worried, I prayed silently in my heart for God to save my mom. I don't know what I'll do if anything happens to her.

I tried to stay strong to avoid the tears from coming out, Liz was stroking my back to comfort me.

"Gabi are you sure mom is going to be alright, we still haven't heard anything". Nikko said her voice was shaking.

"No... no, don't say that. Mom is going to be fine, don't worry okay. She's very strong and she's going to get through this".

I said to Nikko, trying to comfort her and myself.

Few minutes later the doctor came out, and we quickly rushed to meet him.

"Doctor how did it go, is she alright. Please say something". I asked him worriedly.

"Miss Montez, don't worry the surgery was successful. Your mother is fine, she has been taken to the VIP room, you can go ahead and see her. Although she is still asleep and I'll urge you not to disturb her she will wake up when she has rested enough".
The doctor said as he walked away.

"Oh this is great news, let's go and see her". I said dragging them along with me.

"But Gabi why is Mom in the VIP ward, that place is for rich and moreover how did we afford all the medical expenses". Nikko asked me with a confused expression.

"Nikko shouldn't you be happy that your mom is much better now and she's going to receive special attention. You should be thankful okay, Gabriella will tell you everything later but for now let's go see your mother". Liz said smiling at Nikko.

She's such a good friend, she saved me now but I'll still have to tell my mom and Nikko about this.

How is my mom going to react when I tell her I'm getting married. I just hope she doesn't kill me, I'll have to think of a way to tell her so that she won't get mad at me. I have to talk to Liz about this first.

'this is so hard'. I thought as we entered the VIP ward and we went straight to my mom's room.

Seeing my mom lying on the bed and sleeping peacefully brought tears of Joy to my eyes. I felt relieved, happy and thankful, I couldn't wait for her to open her eyes and talk. I was really grateful.

"Wow...this room is big and very comfy". Nikko said admiring the room.

"Yeah it is, you'll have your space and privacy. There's even an extra mattress here, so generous of them".
Liz pointed at the mattress.

I looked at the direction she was pointing at and I had a feeling that it was 'his' doing, how else am I going to explain everything. Maybe I should call him and thank him.

"Have you called Mr Xander to thank him?"
Liz asked as she whispered to my ears.

"No...I was thinking about it, what if he's busy or something I don't want to disturb him". I said to her.

"Nonsense talk, you should call him and if he's busy he will say so and moreover when are you getting married, obviously it's not going to be a real wedding yet".
Liz said smiling quietly at me.

"I don't know about that, but he told me we'll talk later though". I said to her.

"Really... well anyways just call him".
Liz said as she walked away.

I brought out my phone and went to the bathroom and dialed his number. It was then it finally came to my notice on how Liz saved his number.

"What the hell Liz, I'm so going to kill you". I exclaimed to myself