Part 13 - I Think I'm Dreaming

Xander instructed Jordan to pick up Gabriella and they should meet him at the registry because where he went for his meeting was a bit close to the registry. Immediately after the meeting Xander went to the marriage registrar office.

He went straight to the director, he has already told him before that he wants the director to be in charge of his marriage registry.

Xander knew what he was doing, he intentionally came to this registry because the director and his father were good friends. So him coming here was like killing two birds with one stone.

He has never imagined himself coming to a marriage registry before, this whole thing is pissing him off.

'So minutes from now I'm going to be married....this is really funny and annoying at the same time'  he thought

Xander was thinking to himself as he was led to the director's office. He entered the office and saw the director on his chair looking happy And he already knows why.

"Good day Mr Xander, it's a pleasure seeing you"

The director said smiling happily as he stood up to shake hands with Xander.

"Likewise Mr. Bernard"
I said to him as I shook hands with him and sat down.

"When they told me about you, I was surprised you know. What happened?... You're finally ready to settle down". Mr Bernard asked still surprised.

I think my dad hasn't told him anything. Anyways I don't care, I just want to get this over with. Since everyone is shocked or surprised at me getting married, I'm getting confused...

What about me... I am the one getting the biggest shock of my life. I'm even surprised at myself that I'm doing this, I absolutely didn't plan on getting married to a stranger.

My family really pushed it this time, they want marriage, well here it goes. They won't get anything more from me ever again.

"Well, I think it's time for me, so here I am".
I replied him in my usual tone.

"Wow... your family must be really happy, since this has been their prayer and wish".

"My family doesn't know yet, I haven't really had the time to go over and tell them".

I said to him trying to send a message, I know he'll help me out. I don't have to call my family to inform them.

"Oh...that's quite unfortunate. Well that reminds me, I'm meeting with your father later today I can always pass on the good news".

"That would be great. Thanks"
Just what I wanted. I thought smiling at myself.

"It's alright, but where is she I didn't see her with you?".
Mr Bernard asked

"I sent my assistant to get her, they'll be here soon. Are the papers ready?"
I asked him

"Yes everything is ready"
He said nodding his head as he brought out the papers and arranged them on the desk.

Few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. "Yes... come in"
Bernard said and Jordan entered.

"Boss she's here". Jordan said and he led Gabriella in and he left closing the door with an excited expression.

Xander called her over and introduced her.
"Mr. Bernard meet Gabriella Montez. Gabriella this is Mr. Bernard, he's a friend of my dad's".

"Nice to finally meet you Miss Gabriella.... You must be really strong and extremely good to be able to tame the almighty Xander King, Please sit"

Mr Bernard said happily as he shook hands with Gabriella.

Gabi was smiling nervously as she shook hands with Mr Bernard