2. "reunited"

2 weeks have gone by as quick as they were said. Ava was up at 4 in the morning , putting on a hoodie and some shorts. She then straightened her hair and put on natural makeup. She looked at the time and noticed it was almost 6. Joe was set to land at 7:30 am. Her heart was beating quickly only because she was nervous and excited to see him again. She quickly grabbed her phone and wallet before she made her way out of her apartment.
———————
Ava's POV:
I had arrived at the airport. I was currently looking for a parking spot so I can park. Once I found one, I parked and quickly got out and shut the door. I walked inside and went through the body scanner. Once I was cleared, I made my way to Gate 5 and waited. I checked my phone and saw that it was 7:15. 'Just 15 more minutes' I thought.

Joe and I have never been apart for more than 20 minutes. We were a package deal but not in this case. I had went to LSU because I had gotten a scholarship for soccer. It was strange to be without Joe but I made it through. I spent the last 15 minutes or so on my phone as I waited.

"Flight 561 has arrived. I repeat, Flight 561 has arrived." I heard the announcement and quickly got up.

A lot of families and friends were waiting for their loved ones as well. The door had opened and people were coming out, greeting whoever came to get them. It felt like eternity until I spotted a familiar face. I let out a small gasp as we made eye contact and I ran towards him. He held his arms out and once I was close to him, I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist, my arms wrapping around his neck. I felt his arms wrapped around my waist. I let out a few tears before I pulled back and looked at him.

"I missed you so much Joe," I said as I ran a hand through his hair, "You've grown so much these past 3 years."

"I missed you too Ava, more than you can imagine." He looked at me up and down once he let me down, and let out a smile. "and you've stayed the same, still short. Still, beautiful as always, maybe even more beautiful."

I blushed as his comment as he put his arm around my shoulder and we began walking so he can go get his suitcases.

"So I was thinking, we can either go and eat somewhere or we can just get something to go and bring it back to my apartment?" I looked at him.

"Can we get it to go? I'm exhausted and I just want to lay down somewhere comfortable." He let out a small laugh.

"Of course," I nodded as looked at him. "I'm glad you're back Joey."

"Oh come on," He let out a groan, "I told you to stop calling me that, I hate it."

"Too bad." I grinned

He got his suitcases and we made our way out the airport and towards my car, helping him put his suitcases in the car once we arrived.
———————————
"So, tell me what i've missed, catch me up on your life." Joe said as he started eating.

"Well you haven't missed much. I've just played my games, studied, went out with my friends and that's pretty much it, nothing interesting." I shrug

"Has anybody caught your eye?" He looked at me and waited for me to answer.

I shook my head. "No, i've been on a couple dates but they always turn out to be assholes most of the time."

"Well I'm glad nobody has caught your eye because there is no way i'm sharing you. We've been apart for far too long , we have to make up for those 3 years." He smiled as he took another bite out of his food.

"Did anybody catch your eye while you were over in Ohio?" I asked.

"No, same as you. I've been on a couple dates but none of which have caught my eye enough for me to pursue something." He replied as we both made eye contact

I felt slightly relieved as I heard his answer. 'Wait why am I feeling like this?' I thought to myself. I felt weird but I shook my head before giving him a smile. I got my plate and shut it before I grabbed the McDonald's bag and threw it in the trash can.

"Hurry up slow poke, I want to sleep." I said before leaving the kitchen. "You know what, i'm going to my room and going to sleep. See you soon Joey."

"Wait!" I heard from behind me.

I chuckled to myself before I made my way inside my room and grabbed a pair of sweatpants. I went inside the bathroom and changed quickly and took my makeup off. Once that was done, I went back to my room and put my shorts away. I went to my bed and laid under the covers. Moments later, I heard the door open and then close. I heard shuffling and a suitcase being open. Minutes later, I felt someone getting into the other side of the bed, pulling me towards them.

"I told you to wait for me," Joe said as he caressed my cheek, "You've always looked better without makeup on."

I blushed slightly. "Thank you. Can we get some sleep now? I woke up way too early and you said you were exhausted earlier."

"Yeah, let's get some sleep." He chuckled

I laid my head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm glad you transferred, I missed you." I mumbled as I started drifting off to sleep.

"I missed you too Ava."

I felt his lips lay a kiss on my forehead. I smiled slightly and we both drifted off to sleep.
••••••••••••••••••••
That's the end of chapter 2!
i hope you guys enjoy it (: