19. "blessings"

amanda
DID JOE PROPOSE?
AVA
ANSWER ME
DID HE PROPOSE?

ava
read 9:45 am

•••••
mother
honey
i saw what joe posted
did he propose to you?

ava?
your dad and i want to know

ava
read 9:47 am

•••••
"They all think you proposed," Ava showed Joe the phone, as the two shared a small laugh.

"Let's just make them think I did for a little while," Joe shook his head as he leaned back on the chair, "I don't want to leave just yet because once we do, it's going to get busy."

"Me neither," She grabbed his hand, "but like you said, we can return next summer again."

"You bet we will," He smiled, "you have a photo shoot soon huh?"

"Yes," She nodded, "but i'm gonna have to go straight to LA and not louisiana with you."

"Can I just go with you?" He asked, "I won't be doing anything important anyways."

"Yes you are," She chuckled, "you have a lot of interviews to attend. You'll only be staying in Louisiana for 2 days until you have to go off to do your interviews in New York and then we both meet up in Ohio within 2 weeks or so."

"But that's too long," He groaned, "2 weeks too long."

"You'll survive," She ran a hand through his hair, "We'll facetime everyday."

"We better."
••••••
"I'll see you in 2 and a half weeks bubba," Ava said as she held on to him tightly, "I don't want to leave you."

"I don't want to leave either," He sighed as he held her, "2 and a half weeks, it'll go by quick."

She frowned as she heard her flight being called, looking up at him. "I don't want to go."

Joe looked down at her, before sighing as well. "I don't want you to go either."

She held him one last time before she looked up at him, "I have to go before I miss my flight."

"Just come with me." He smiled.

"You know I can't. I would if I could," She frowned, "I'll see you in 2 weeks and a half."

"I'll see you then." He frowned as well.

Joe leaned down as he placed his lips on to hers, enjoying the interaction they were sharing. Ava pulled away seconds later as she grabbed her suitcase and started walking away. She handed the lady her ticket before she turned around one last time and looked at Joe, waving at him and giving him an air kiss. Joe pretended to catch it and placed it over his heart and waved at her back. Ava turned back around and started walking away until Joe couldn't see her anymore.
••••••••••••