25. "cravings"

It was currently 2:30 in the morning and both Joe and Ava were peacefully sleeping together. Ava slowly opened her eyes as she laid one hand on her stomach. She sat up and turned around looking at Joe, biting her lip. She was debating on waking Joe up, only because she wanted to see if there were places that were open so they can get food. She shook her head as she got up and started walking towards their bedroom door, not before she almost fully tripped over a shoe that was left on the ground, causing Joe to stir in his sleep and open his eyes.

"Ava?" Joe questioned, as he slowly sat up while rubbing his eyes, "What are you doing?"

"I..." She trailed off, letting out a small sigh, "I want food."

She lowered her head, embarrassed. Joe managed to keep in his chuckle, already knowing that she was slightly blushing due to the embarrassment that she was feeling, even if he couldn't see her well in the dark.

"Then we will go get food," Joe cupped her face into his head, making her look at him, "Theres no shame in telling me that you want food at like 2 am. You're pregnant, with not only one but two. Don't be afraid to wake me up. Wake me up and i'll take you wherever you want to go, even if it's at 2 am."

Ava smiled as Joe kissed her cheek. Joe went over to the closet and grabbed a sweater for himself and Ava, handing her one of his own sweaters. Ava took it from him and put the sweater over her. She already had sweatpants on and quickly put on her slides, following Joe out of the door.
•••••••••••••••
Joe has been driving around for 10 minutes, as they both looked to see if there were any places open at the moment.

"I searched up and there's a McDonalds open, it's about another 15 minutes away from here." Ava said, looking up from her phone and looking at Joe.

He nodded, "I know where it is. I don't know why I didn't remember earlier."

As they made their way to McDonalds, they spent the time in silence, with the exception of the music playing in the car. Given that it was nearly 3 am, they were both still tired. Ava felt bad, upset with herself because she had to make Joe wake up because she wanted some food. She couldn't help but let a tear fall down her face, letting out a small hiccup and sniff in the process.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you crying?" Joe asked, getting concerned as he pulled up into the parking lot of Mcdonald's. He quickly parked as he turned his full attention to Ava, "Ava answer me, why are you crying?"

"I just..." She trailed off, wiping the tears as they fell down.

She didn't speak and all that was heard were her cries. Joe quickly got out of the car and shut the door before doing a light jog over to her side, opening the door. He took her hands into his as he looked at her, immediately frowning. He took off her seatbelt as he helped her get out of the car, shutting the door after.

"Ava please talk to me, are you okay? Is something wrong? Do you feel anything? Is anything bothering you? Please tell me Ava, i'm worried." Joe frowned, as he used his thumbs to wipe her tears.

"I just..." She trailed off, "I feel bad because I woke you up at 2 am for some stupid food. I'm so sorry, I won't ever do this again."

Joe, this time, didn't hold in his chuckle. "Baby, you're literally pregnant with twins. You're going to get double the hungry, maybe even triple the hungry. I'm not bothered that you woke me up at 2 am. I don't care if I'm tired, I really don't. I want you to wake me up, okay? It's your hormones that's making you act like this. It's okay, don't worry about it."

She stopped crying, but still sniffled as she wrapped her hands around Joe, "Can we go get food now?"

Joe laughed, as he nodded. "Yes lets go get you some food."