24. "fourth"

Ava was in the kitchen with her mother, Joe's mother, a couple of her aunts , and Amanda, preparing whatever else they will be needing to eat for the day while Joe was outside with the rest of the men and kids, either cooking up some burgers or playing with them or even managing to do both.

"Have you guys looked for houses around here in Ohio?" Joe's mother asked, mixing the lemonade.

Ava nodded. "We actually have. We are gonna be attending a tour of a house that we found this upcoming Monday. If everything goes well, we are gonna go back to Louisiana and start packing our stuff up to start the moving process."

"and how are you doing with your pregnancy?" Robin asked, looking at her curiously.

"It's surprisingly going very well. I've had no morning sickness at all, everything is going smoothly for now." Ava smiled as she placed her hand on her belly, "I'm excited."

"We all are," Amanda gushed as she stood next to Ava, placing her hands on her belly as well, "pregnancy looks good on you."

Ava chuckled, "It's crazy how things have changed in a matter of months."

"I know but things are changing for the better," Ava's mom said, as she finished cutting up the fruits, "Can you take these outside honey? When we are done in here, we are gonna head out."

Ava nodded as she grabbed the bowl that contained the fruits. She made her way to the back door and opened it, stepping out. She closed the door behind her and started making her way out and towards the table where all the food was.

"Well look who it is," She heard her father say, "Food is just about ready."

"They're just finishing up the drinks and the rest of the food in there and they'll be out in a bit." Ava replied, setting the bowl down on the table.

"Hey baby," Joe said, placing a kiss on her cheek before placing his hands on her belly, "You feeling okay?"

"Yup, nothings wrong." She answered back, kissing his cheek just like Joe did to her, "We should all go to the beach later to catch the fireworks or find a high and safe spot to get a better view of them."

"I agree," Joe's father nodded, "the beach sounds nice. Plus it's a little hot."

Everyone agreed as they saw the rest of the people come out of the house. Everyone grabbed their plate and began to place food on them. They each sat down on the table, saying a quick grace before eating the food.
•••••••••••••••

@avabennett: happy fourth everyone! have fun and stay safe

103,827 likes | 2,928 comments

username: I love them. Happy Fourth!

username: Lovely family, soon to be of 4