3. "game day"

Ava's POV:
It was Thursday morning. I woke up with Joe's arms wrapped around my waist. I checked the time , noticing that it was 8 am and I had my last game of the season at 12. As quietly as I possibly could, I tried escaping from Joe's embrace but failed miserably.

"What are you doing?" He mumbled.

"I have to start getting ready because my last game of the season is at 12." I replied back.

"5 more minutes please," He said as he pulled me back and hugged me even tighter.

"5 more minutes and that's it Joe." I said as laid my head back on his chest.

5 minutes passed by quickly. I got out of his embrace , despite all the constant pleading coming out of him. I chuckled before I made my way to the bathroom and did all my necessities before leaving the bathroom and going back to my room. Once I walked back in, Joe was sitting up on the bed on his phone.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I said as I sat down on the bed.

"I don't mind," He then started smiling, "Actually, make the strawberry pancakes you always make. Those are my favorite."

"Strawberry pancakes it is," I smiled and got up, heading out to the kitchen.

I started making the strawberry pancakes. I started thinking about what I was going to do after season ended today.Travel a little maybe? I still had studies to worry about but break was coming up in 2 weeks so I had to start thinking about what I want to do after.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a hand mess with my hair. I looked behind me and saw Joe standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Stop messing with my hair," I said and continued making the pancakes.

"I know it bugs you," He crosses his arms and lets out a small sigh, "It smells amazing, I can't wait to eat."

"Take out 2 plates and set them please, i'm almost done." I said, flipping the last pancake.

"Yes ma'am," He said and took out 2 plates before setting them on the table, "Have you thought about what you're going to do after season and school is over?"

"I haven't really, I was just thinking about it right now," I said and headed towards the table and put two pancakes on his plate and two on mine, "We should travel a little."

"Oh yeah?" He sat down, "That sounds like a good idea. Where to though?"

"We'll plan this later after my game," I sat down and started eating.

We both ate quietly. We would occasionally make eye contact and when we did, we made funny faces at each other. Once we were finished, I grabbed both our plates and headed to the kitchen and washed them. I checked the time , noticing it was already nearing 10. I dried my hands before making my way back to my room.

I got changed into my uniform and put my hair into a ponytail. Just as I finished with my ponytail, Joe walked in. He looked at me, stopping for a little. He smiled.

"So, imma just change really quick and we'll head out for your game?" He asked

"Mhmm." I nodded, "Hurry it up slow poke, you always take long. I am not gonna be late because of you."

"I am not slow. It takes time to make sure my hair looks good!" He raised his hands up, "Not my fault."

"Just wear a hat," I suggested, "I'll be waiting for you in the living room."

I grabbed my bag that held the rest of my stuff that I needed for the game and made my way out the room and towards the living room. I sat on the couch and played a game on my phone while I waited for Joe.

"Come on let's go," He made his appearance in the living room, "I took your advice and wore a hat, didn't want to be blamed for making you late or be called a slow poke."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully. "Lets go."

We both made our way out of the apartment and made our way to the car. He got in the drivers seat and I got into the passengers seat and started making our way to LSU.
•••••••••••••••
I wiped the sweat that was around my face as I hugged all my teammates. We won our last game 6-0, making 4 of the goals myself. It was an amazing season, one that I will never forget.

"Your boyfriend is waiting for you," Amanda, one of my teammates/friend pointed out.

"He's not my boyfriend," I blushed slightly, "He's just my best friend."

"Mhmm, that's what they all say," She smirked at me, "You won't be telling me that soon. I give it 6 months tops."

"I doubt he even sees me in that way." I said as I picked up my bag and put it over my shoulder.

"So you're admitting that you like him?" She questioned.

"I don't know Amanda. I've been feeling weird every time I hug him or just simply seeing him in the morning, with his hair all messed up. It's adorable," I sighed as I put my slides on, "Even if I do like him, I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"That feeling means that you like him ," She sat down next to me, "He literally adores you. You don't see it but everyone else does. He looks at you the way every girl wants to be looked at. He treats you how a girl should be treated. I don't know him that well but you could tell. He might even love you."

I let her words sink in. I looked at Joe, noticing he was leaning on the fence, on his phone waiting for me. I shook my head and got up.

"You're crazy Amanda," I sighed. "I'll see you after break?"

She nodded and we both said our goodbyes. I made my way towards Joe, his back facing me. I snuck up behind him, got on my tippy toes and put my hands over his eyes.

"Guess who?" I let out a small laugh.

"Hm, I don't know. Mila Kunis is that you?" He laughed as he took my hands into his and turned around, wrapping his arms around me, "You were amazing out there. I'm extremely proud of you."

"Thank you, I'm just tired and sad at the same time because season ended," I looked up at him as I hugged him back, "but at least I have you. We also have to plan our trips later."

He nodded, "That we do, that we do." He unwrapped his arms from me and took my bag and put it over his shoulder. "Let's go home now, we'll stop for ice cream on our way back."

I grinned, "Let's go."
——————————
chapter 3 is done!
I hope you guys are enjoying it!
feel free to comment down what you
guys think of it so far.
Chapter 4 coming soon(: