14. "unexpected guest"

2 weeks have gone by since the LSU Tigers have won the National Championship. Everyone was now waiting for the 2020 NFL Draft , which was 2 months away. Joe and Ava have been enjoying time inside, now more than ever because last time, they were both bombarded by a lot of fans and paparazzi which caused both of them to just go home. They were running low on groceries so Ava decided to go to the store.

"Hey babe, imma go to the store, wanna come with?" She asked, grabbing her bag and keys.

He shook his head. "No, imma stay here and pick a movie out for us to watch and just rest."

"Okay, want anything specific?" She headed towards the door.

"Just the lemon lays chips please."

She nodded as they shared a quick kiss, with Ava leaving after.

Ava

I had gotten back from the grocery store. I grabbed the 3 bags before closing the car door and heading up to the apartment. I grabbed the keys and opened the door.

"Hey Joe, I'm b..." I stopped speaking as I spotted an unfamiliar face sitting down next to Joe, a few inches away from him.

I closed the door as Joe and the unfamiliar face stood up.

"Hey baby, this is my old friend from Ohio State. Her name is Maddison. Maddison meet my girlfriend, Ava." Joe introduced us.

I smiled at her and with my free hand, I put it out in order to shake hands with her. She returned the smile, seeing she had forced it. She quickly shook my hand.

"Well nice to meet you Maddison. I'm gonna uh go and put the groceries away and make dinner. You're more than welcome to stay if you want." I told her politely.

"Of course , i would love to. Thank you so much for the invite, Ava." She smiled and rolled her eyes after, without Joe seeing her.

"I'll leave you two to catch up then."

I nodded at her and Joe before making my way to the kitchen and setting the bags on the counter. As I took out the stuff I bought to make spaghetti, I couldn't help but start to overthink. She was extremely pretty and had a nice body. I frowned to myself and shook my head, trying to make all the thoughts that were forming in my mind leave.
•••••••••••••••••••
Dinner was the most uncomfortable dinner I had my entire life. I ate my food as I watched Joe and Maddison make conversation. I watched as they both laughed, only including me here and there. She made flirty advances towards him , going unnoticed by him and the thoughts from earlier coming back to me. 'Is Joe going to leave me for her?' I thought to myself, staring down at my food. She was flawless, stunning. I started feeling uneasy and felt myself starting to frown yet again to myself and got up and grabbed my plate.

"Where are you going?" Joe asked, as he looked at me while I got up.

"I-I'm already done with my food so imma just go wash my plate and go to the room, I have to answer some emails anyways." I gave a half smile, turning around and walking to the kitchen.

I quickly washed my plate as I started to feel my eyes getting heavy. I dried my hands and quickly looked up, trying to prevent the tears from coming down. I fanned myself before exiting the kitchen and made my way to room, going unnoticed by the two. I made it to the room Joe and I shared, opening and then closing the door. I put my hair in a messy bun and got dressed into more comfortable clothes. I let the tears drop down as I leaned against the sink. 'I'm just overreacting, she's just a friend' I thought as I turned on the water and did my daily night routine.