[20]

DAYS REMAINING: 26

DAYS REMAINING: 26

WHEN MONDAY MORNING ROLLED AROUND, the teens from East High's drama department were greeted with a shock. The theater had a little fire over the holiday weekend, ruining a lot of their costumes, props, and sets. It was so bad that the firemen said that the show couldn't go on. They were going to red tag the entire backstage area so that no one could go back there for at least a month.

Luna and Carlos were the first to walk in. Their eyes went wide as they saw the scene before them. The girl ripped her headphones off her head so they laid around her neck, eliminating the sound of Taylor Swift's Folklore album in her ears.

"What the heck happened?" Carlos screeched, turning towards the drama teacher who stood in front of them. Luna remained speechless, standing there with her jaw dropped. This was not good.

The rest of the theater kids emerged from the hallway, instantly going into a state of panic at seeing the mess in front of them along with the mass amount of firemen lingering about. How did this fire start? What was going to happen with the show? Was all their hard work for nothing?

Ricky instantly went to his girlfriend's side, threading his fingers through hers. The girl's head whipped to her side to look at him. Their facial expressions mirrored the other's, full of panic, fear, and sadness.

Miss Jenn eased the news to her students. "There was a small fire over the weekend, and well, the sprinklers did their job," she awkwardly laughed as she motioned to the mess behind her. Their teacher may have been the cause of the fire, but she wouldn't let them know that. The students were crushed due to the firemen's words of how the show couldn't go on with everything that had gotten ruined and damaged.

Miss Jenn was crushed as well, but she had to be strong for her students. Holding a smoking basketball, she began to direct her students. "Okay, listen up. Hug your neighbor, take a moment, and let's reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about options!"

Ricky wrapped an arm around his girlfriend, pulling her closer, while his other hand let go of hers so he could grab his phone to text Gina.

"Nini and Ricky, spread the word please!" Miss Jenn instructed, getting an immediate response from Nini, but Ricky was too busy texting to reply. Luna elbowed his side, getting his attention.

"Huh? Sorry. After school in the cafeteria. Got it," he recalled, nodding towards Miss Jenn.

The students were then dismissed so they could go to their classes for the day, but their moods were ruined. They wouldn't be able to sit through a class with this now on their minds. After a kiss goodbye, Ricky and Luna split to go to their respective lockers to get their books.

Luna went to her locker to find Gina standing at hers. She sighed as she approached her best friend. "Hey G," she said as she put in her locker combination.